• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
The point is that it was a joy to watch Cooper's team. NEVER boring. Twenty home wins and three draws. And the exciting cup runs.
TBF the team that got us promoted twice in two years was exciting to watch under Tisdale as well. Probably the best couple of years of football I've ever experienced.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was Cooper manager then ????
Wiki have him leaving July 1995 - so yes if true

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
TBF the team that got us promoted twice in two years was exciting to watch under Tisdale as well. Probably the best couple of years of football I've ever experienced.
Fair enough

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cooper won the league. Tisdale won sod all.
And then left us nearly broke. We paid a massive price for that run though the final game at Lincoln was one of those games to always remember. Like the Rotherham game under Tisdale.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The team we had when we did well in League 1 was the best Exeter side I've seen. Maybe I'm mixing up years, etc, but seeing us regularly outclassing teams at SJP, including Plymouth Argyle. Harley and Noble were outstanding at times. Cureton up front... Matt Taylor, Nardiello... we had some real quality.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
And then left us nearly broke. We paid a massive price for that run though the final game at Lincoln was one of those games to always remember. Like the Rotherham game under Tisdale.
You seem to have a selective memory Geoffrey, Tisdale led us to a transfer embargo and PFA loans galore.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the same as Terry Cooper then?

EDIT: In fact maybe better, as Cooper would have overseen two FL relegations but for Macclesfield's ground.
Date the seasons for me.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Date the seasons for me.
93/94 - returned to the club January 1994. Relegated (record, according to Soccerbase, of W5 D5 L13).
94/95 - finished bottom of the Football League, saved by Macclesfield's ground not being up to standard.

Red Monster

Date the seasons for me.
Look it up yourself it’s not hard .

ExeterCityLad

Look it up yourself it’s not hard .
Surprised you're still piping up on this thread, or on this forum at all given Tisdale's recent results. No away win since November. You must be proper gutted for your new team, MK Dons. Biggest budget in the league and 4 points from 6 games.. Gotta laugh.

Last edited: