• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to MK Dons

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
it was indeed time for a change - for the benefit of all concerned.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He hasn’t won anything this season....he probably will - but MK Dons have the biggest budget in the league so you would
Expect them to be challenging regardless of manager

Tisdale is old news at City now - and regardless of if he finishes top or bottom with another club that’s irrelevant because it was time for change either way
The problem is that if Tisdale goes on to greater success, then we are wrongly labelled as having sacked him (rather than the truth regarding his 2 year rolling contract) and are therefore fools with egg on our faces.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear, I see the Republic of Ireland slipped up at Stevenage, how maverick.

dontpassback

The problem is that if Tisdale goes on to greater success, then we are wrongly labelled as having sacked him (rather than the truth regarding his 2 year rolling contract) and are therefore fools with egg on our faces.
But we know different don’t we,and that’s all that matters,UTC ,!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
But we know different don’t we,and that’s all that matters,UTC ,!
Indeed.

I am much happier with Matt Taylor in charge wherever we end up finishing. I want us to go up obviously but the feeling around the club just feels better to me.

Tisdale may end up winning promotion, although I wouldn't be surprised if he blows it, but that is largely irrelevant to me. We will never know, but I am confident that if he was our manager today we wouldn't be top, and may well not be sat any higher than we currently are.

Last edited:

malcolms

Define "greater success".... Not aware there was much of that to improve on. As Richard said, the feeling around the club is better with MT in charge. The rarely disguised contempt shown by PT and his entourage will be the main memory from his time at the club.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Define "greater success".... Not aware there was much of that to improve on. As Richard said, the feeling around the club is better with MT in charge. The rarely disguised contempt shown by PT and his entourage will be the main memory from his time at the club.
Malcs exactly the reason why I wanted to and was pleased, to see the back of him.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had he stayed we would still have an injured Harley on the books, and Simpson making a few appearances here and there. On the plus side we'd have retained JMT.

My guess is we'd be in a similar position to what we are now, but the main thing is that MT speaks honestly, something Tisdale blatantly refused to do.

He now seems a distant memory and the change required seems now more apparent than ever before.

Fareham Grecian

As of course the ‘main memory’ from your time at the club was of financial chaos and failure.

geoffwp

I'm seriously wondering if it was some personal snub or perceived slight you had from Tisdale that had led to this bitterness. Personally there is a lot of positive things that i will remember from that period when the club went from non league back to some sort of respectability. Maybe it's just my outlook on life that is so different from yours though malc.