• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale - So what happens now FFS!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Er, you what?

They had a storming late finish to last season which we almost matched in 2010/11. Because they were promoted they were able to do something we couldn't do, which was to hold on to their best players (althouth they've since sold their top scorer).

Scrapping their youth system was a short term move to channel funds into the playing squad, which I (and I'm not alone here) feel is something that will backfire on them in the long term. Look at Torquay.
It surely will. One of our best ever chants from the BB is "he's one of our own". Something we can be very proud off. And Taggy has to take a lot of credit for keeping the youth set up together. That's not to excuse him for being a poor CEO though.

PeteUSA

It surely will. One of our best ever chants from the BB is "he's one of our own". Something we can be very proud off. And Taggy has to take a lot of credit for keeping the youth set up together. That's not to excuse him for being a poor CEO though.
"Taggy has to take a lot of credit for keeping the youth set up together"? How can you say that, when Mike Radford worked his guts out for City for nearly 30 years as Youth Developement Officer? What on earth did Tagg have to do with keeping the youth set up together, apart from make a phone call or two?

Antony Moxey

Captain Clueless strikes again. You truly are, I think, the stupidest person to post regularly on these boards.

iscalad

So very true.

PeteUSA

Captain Clueless strikes again. You truly are, I think, the stupidest person to post regularly on these boards.
Okay then Moxey, give us the gen on this topic that you're obviously well versed in. Apart from insulting me with nothing to add, why not put us straight on what "Taggy takes a lot of credit for"?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such as? How much did they cost and how much did we have available?
Not as much as you would think and if we didn't waste money on players that were nigh on useless and over the hill, then we would have the money.

Stop trying to pick faults and for once give an opinion.

grecIAN Harris

Not as much as you would think and if we didn't waste money on players that were nigh on useless and over the hill, then we would have the money.

Stop trying to pick faults and for once give an opinion.
A big case of pot, kettle, black going on there me thinks. It's all you've ever seemed to have done since you buggered off oop north.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just one question, when was the last time we sold a player for any decent money, that had come up through the youth system?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
A big case of pot, kettle, black going on there me thinks. It's all you've ever seemed to have done since you buggered off oop north.
Ah another one that only reads the negative posts! Stop being a drama queen and my location has feck all to do with it.

grecIAN Harris

George Friend I think without thinking to hard about it. I don't know quite what you class as decent money but the boy Goss followed your path oop north for a bit aswell.