• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale or Westley ?

DJH2005

I don't even look forward to watching the Chokers anymore,
We'd never have guessed! :D

For the record, I'm with Flakey. By and large we've had five or six excellent years under Tis. Last year and year before we played some exceptional football for a team at this level. Yes, this season has so far been disappointing, but you can't just pretend the previous five years haven't happened. I've been going since the days of Godfrey, and without doubt Tis has given me the most exciting times as a City supporter.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'd never have guessed! :D

For the record, I'm with Flakey. By and large we've had five or six excellent years under Tis. Last year and year before we played some exceptional football for a team at this level. Yes, this season has so far been disappointing, but you can't just pretend the previous five years haven't happened. I've been going since the days of Godfrey, and without doubt Tis has given me the most exciting times as a City supporter.
Guess you were away the year TC's team went through the whole season without losing at home?

Antony Moxey

Guess you were away the year TC's team went through the whole season without losing at home?
One off though, wasn't it? As someone's said, Tisdale has taken us from our lowest ever position to our highest ever position, yet the misery merchants still complain and still insist on holding others up as examples when their records are no better than ours.

It'd be laughable if it wasn't so bloody tragic.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
One off though, wasn't it? As someone's said, Tisdale has taken us from our lowest ever position to our highest ever position, yet the misery merchants still complain and still insist on holding others up as examples when their records are no better than ours.

It'd be laughable if it wasn't so bloody tragic.
Spot on Ant.

Willy Nilly

Preston have beaten us to Westley.

DJH2005

Not at all Malcs. I remember it well funnily enough, (Scarb' home stands out) it was a fine year. Year being the operative word though. I don't recall such good times *in '87, '88, or 91 come to that?

But you knew exactly what I meant, and sadly, I knew you knew, but still felt the need to bite.

* Dates are not my strong point, so bear me a little leniency if dates are slightly out. ;)

malcolms

Not at all Malcs. I remember it well funnily enough, (Scarb' home stands out) it was a fine year. Year being the operative word though. I don't recall such good times *in '87, '88, or 91 come to that?

But you knew exactly what I meant, and sadly, I knew you knew, but still felt the need to bite.

* Dates are not my strong point, so bear me a little leniency if dates are slightly out. ;)
Bite on what? I'm just asking a question...Still think TC's Championship team gives today's team a 2 goal start and wins 3 times out of 5...The season PT or any other City manager wins any of the Leagues by 10 points I'll be happy to rate them in the same category....

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Bite on what? I'm just asking a question...Still think TC's Championship team gives today's team a 2 goal start and wins 3 times out of 5...The season PT or any other City manager wins any of the Leagues by 10 points I'll be happy to rate them in the same category....
As I said earlier - one season wonder. Didn't do anything remotely similar before or after, and the manner of his leaving (first time) left a nasty taste in the mouth.

Can't take away what he did that season, but considering he never got near to repeating it at any other point in his managerial career you have to wonder whether it wasn't just a fluke.

DJH2005

Ok Malcs. Have it your way. I'm not dissing TC's one Championship season at all, we were a superb team - especially at home. I'm just saying I've enjoyed the FIVE years of continued success under Tis slightly more than one great season under TC.

10 points might look good in the record books, but as I recall, with two/three matches to go it was still very tight? But somehow in the last two or three games the likes of Southend/Grimsby/whoever managed to buckle under the pressure, while we shocked everyone and won away at Lincoln(?) 5-1 putting a rather heavy gloss on the final table.

malcolms

Ok Malcs. Have it your way. I'm not dissing TC's one Championship season at all, we were a superb team - especially at home. I'm just saying I've enjoyed the FIVE years of continued success under Tis slightly more than one great season under TC.

10 points might look good in the record books, but as I recall, with two/three matches to go it was still very tight? But somehow in the last two or three games the likes of Southend/Grimsby/whoever managed to buckle under the pressure, while we shocked everyone and won away at Lincoln(?) 5-1 putting a rather heavy gloss on the final table.
He won 7 of the last 10 games, drew two and lost 1....so I guess you're right, we did struggle a bit:S

Also got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup, the 4th Rd of the League Cup and the Semi final (Southern) of the Sherpa Van...

Last edited: