• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale or Evans

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suspect Crawley would beat us (and half the other teams in L1) at the moment. According to some of the logic displayed on here that must mean that Evans is a better manager than Tisdale.

Completely aside from the fact he is a fat, red-faced, fraudulent ***** who I would never in a million years want here I am far from convinced that doing well with a ridiculously large and unsustainable budget automatically makes someone a good manager.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Evans isnt. Hes just gotten lucky he had a ridiculous amount of money to get a team out of the conference.

Tisdale every single time. Why are all these threads appearing?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Completely aside from the fact he is a fat, red-faced, fraudulent ***** who I would never in a million years want here I am far from convinced that doing well with a ridiculously large and unsustainable budget automatically makes someone a good manager.
Pretty much what i would say lol.

wemissmoxey

I suspect Crawley would beat us (and half the other teams in L1) at the moment. According to some of the logic displayed on here that must mean that Evans is a better manager than Tisdale.

So you are saying that Stevenage are the league 1 version of Crawley, if not I don't see the relevance of this sh*te.

Phil Sayers

I am saying that comparing the jobs people have done at different clubs is a very inexact science at best. Ceteris are not Paribus. Wallace always backed Westley well in the Conference and I doubt that has changed now they are in L1. In fact more likely is he will be given a budget to build Stevenage as a FL club. The man has plenty of dosh.

Then there are other factors like what locations players can be attracted to.

PeteUSA

Then there are other factors like what locations players can be attracted to.
You mean like Timepiece, as far as our players are concerned?

Last edited:

Poultice

Why do w*nkers that can't argue a case go and and start pointless threads like this one ?

But on thread, yes, I think Evans has put together an attractive attacking team which Cheesy never has.

GrecianWonder

Why do w*nkers that can't argue a case go and and start pointless threads like this one ?

But on thread, yes, I think Evans has put together an attractive attacking team which Cheesy never has.
********, seriously why do you support city???

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

So are you saying If tisdale had all the money that Evans had he wouldnt be able to get a team out of the conference??? And possibly lge 2.

Coz i seem to remember that Tisdale did this spending no money???

Evans is a poor manager who got Lucky with a sh*tloads of cash to spend to get out of the conference

£250k for Richard Broadie. And hes now on loan at Fleetwood in the conference i believe. So hes wasted a good chunk of cash there aint he. And now with rumours about them having to sell to be within the financial rules of lge 2 really just shows how theyve been overspending.

Last edited:

Poultice

So are you saying If tisdale had all the money that Evans had he wouldnt be able to get a team out of the conference??? And possibly lge 2.
No Divvy I am not saying that, in fact it would hard for the ghost of Karman QC to argue that.

The post meant what it said and nothing else, if you don't understand that please put me on ignore, it's a bad BP day today and you are not helping.