• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Re: Tisdale must go

not important as don made the point himself.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

What about the youth coaches ? What about natural ability ? What about Eamon Dolan & Alex Inglethorpe ?

Considering he told us he wanted a home grown team made up of young players no I don't he's had that big an influence - prove in the pudding when you have Oakley , Morrison , Butterfield , McCallister in the squad.
What about them? You're happy to praise Inglethorpe and Dolan yet neither had anything to do with Grimes who's netted us a fee probably close to being greater than anything those two achieved put together. But because it's Tisdale who's achieved that then it must be the youth coaches and not him.

As for the team full of youth products that he hasn't achieved that doesn't make the sentiment any less valid. That's the ideal situation and it's what he would ultimately like, but until those youth players are better than the likes of those you mention then it's not going to happen.

Antony Moxey

Personally I Think Tis will be judged on what he achieves this season and anything other than promotion with this squad will be a failure.
Even a play-off final defeat? Incredibly harsh on the only manager ever to get us to the play-offs in the first place.

oxford don

Even a play-off final defeat? Incredibly harsh on the only manager ever to get us to the play-offs in the first place.
Well perhaps...but with a fully fit team we should expect to win a play off wouldn't you think.?

Sadly there are no prizes for coming second....... well, fifth, sixth or seventh.

Of course I would be delighted if we made the play offs but even though we are only 4 points adrift, I fear sadly, we may have dropped too many silly points earlier in the season.

geoffwp

Learn to read Geoff and try to comprehend what I said, that way you might not come across as being so confrontational.... the clue is in the words "Personally I think"

I don't speak for you, only myself. ;)

While youre at it, book Rabid Doug in for a few lessons too.:p
Perhaps you might explain just what was 'confrontational' in my insisting that you do not speak for me? I could just as easily argue that you were being confrontational by saying that anything short of promotion would be failure. That's far too simplistic for me to give any credence to.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

To be fair it's acompletely pointless discussion - nothing could see Tisdale sacked (football wise)

GrecianWonder

To be fair it's acompletely pointless discussion - nothing could see Tisdale sacked (football wise)
Have you ever considered its because he's a good manager?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

Have you ever considered its because he's a good manager?
Up to 5 years ago yes.

Silver fox

Surely he's the best manager in our history so far?

GrecianWonder

Up to 5 years ago yes.
So you stopped considering it was a possibility he was a good manager 5 years ago? Why don't you take it up again.