• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale - James Dunne is NOT a winger!

milts

Why has Tisdale continually stuck Dunney out on the wing? It's obvious to everyone that the lad is a great centre mid, but by no means a wide player!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Completely agree. Dunney and Troy in CDM would be a great pairing!

milts

Nah Troy needs to play centre back, looks abit like a headless chicken in midfield

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree Dunney is most effective as a defensive central midfielder but guessing he's being asked to fill in right midfield, but going wider than we'd all like.

He used to play right midfield for Arsenal yoof.

Philecfc

Lack of fully fit players Devil's needs must When he can get Dunney back in the middle I am sure he will

Nah Troy needs to play centre back, looks abit like a headless chicken in midfield
Really ? I wasn' t there today but on the very few occasions I have seen him play there - Liverpool midweek and Charlton away season before last - he has been top class.

MickStagraget

We have no one else that can play even half decently in that position, Dunne is probably our best option there. It's not ideal but, with our current squad, I suspect that we'll have to put up with it.

happygrecian

Really ? I wasn' t there today but on the very few occasions I have seen him play there - Liverpool midweek and Charlton away season before last - he has been top class.
Agree, and I don't think he'd have got our first goal if he hadn't been playing where he was today.

Borat

If we play well and keep picking up the points, i don't care if he plays right wing, up front of keeper ;)

Jam Doughnut

Are you mental??

Troy is the most composed midfielder we have even though he's a defender, he controls the ball with one touch and starts running with it forwards (not back or sideways like noble) and he always finds a city player with a pass (unlike most of our midfield).
Also he seems to go past players with ease and always creates a bit of excitment on the ball.
And to top it off , he can tackle and break up the other sides play.

He will be the next player to leave us for a bigger club.