• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale confronts fan?

dommers

You, I don't have to try.
You continue to believe that if you want to.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale has often used the tactic of 'dissing' our fanbase to cover up the collective and individual failings of his playing squad. Considering the nature of the club this flaw in his management style should have been checked by those who purport to run this not so ordinary football club years ago, the fact that it hasn't perhaps suggests an all too cosy relationship, IMO.

Oldsmobile-88

I hate to break it to you Pete, but Old Tiverton Road isn't exactly what you'd call a 'transit hub'.
More like transient....

Phil Sayers

I couldn't hear what the fan said (something about effort apparently) or Tisdale's reply but it is worth pointing out that most people in that area started applauding Tis afterwards and chanting his name which got a good clap back.

joining-the-CLIQUE

Some lady was on here and said that Tisdale stated "Wheres your f*cking respect?" to a fan that was being negative to the players. When Tisdale was being asked "Wheres your respect for swearing" he walked away. Thats what I heard....

I think Tisdale showed passion!
I think you and alot of others need to get your heads out of his arse to be quite honest.

Poultice

I couldn't hear what the fan said (something about effort apparently) or Tisdale's reply but it is worth pointing out that most people in that area started applauding Tis afterwards and chanting his name which got a good clap back.
So you don't know what anybody said but you think because the usual bunch of Toenailers wanted to crawl up the Cheese's back passage that everything is all right, can't get much past that old legal training can you ?

Rog H K

I think they were talking about Xmas Dinner?

FAN " You got a bunch of Turkeys Tiz?"
TIZ " We were here for a bit of that Game, but that Trotta looks tasty!"
FAN " Well, we got a good Suffing today!"
TIZ "Pudding!"
FAN "Cheese, you're Crackers!"
TIZ "And you're nuts!"

well done tis put these idiots in their place

FAN-TATIC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/16240690.stm

Play the radio bit. He mentions the Confrontation at 2:10 onto about 4:10
Tis reckons that "I told the fan politely that he was wrong" "He said the players were rubbish, and I told him they were not."

No mention of the "F' word. not surprising, but if he did use it then claiming he was polite would be difficult to understand.

For me, It appears so out of character of Tisdale.

hatch4england

Fans should never abuse the team. However, they do. people spend a lot to go to matches and have a lot of passion and when you lose to a poor side because of basic mistakes, well... it is different from being turned over by a good side.They guy wa sno doubt upset.

When it happens, the manager should walk away, not go looking for the miscreant. In this instance, a red mist descended and he approached the fan to throw foul language back. That would be a disciplinary offence in any other organisation I have ever worked in. This behaviour is reprehensible. It is compounded by his less than accurate version on the radio, when he said he 'politely' offered a different opinon. That is not the case. He offered a foul-mouthed response.

ECFC is meant to be a 'family club', run on behalf of its fans. To let this go by and promulgate a sanitised version makes a mockery of the supposed values espoused by the Trust and Club.

II think PT is a very good manager, but he should be man enough to apologise and admit what he did (which was to rise to a provocation directed not at him, but at his players) was wrong. An apology is all that is needed.

It would be no bad thing of the person whose rant caused the manager's ill-judged foray to apologise also and for supporters to accept that even we defend like children, the team IS doing their best and abuse hinders, not helps.

Let's get behind them and start digging our way out of the hole, not making it deeper.