• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tis' top 5 signings....

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm loving this debate. It's all about opinions, and the two Ians, Tarr and Harris are two that I respect!

I think Ian H is harsh on blaming Rob for the Morecambe winner, for me it was more Billy letting them in before half time... Ian Tarr , now there's an almost untouchable bloke imo so I'm off to look at the Carlton winner again..

In my defence, I have only seen it a couple of times, it's too painful to watch.

LammieLammieLammie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OszH6h0QXBA

Gave up on looking for the Carlton winner. This is much better.

Oli

Not sure I can really disagree with your top 5. However not sure if that is a good thing or not, not many other contenders perhaps?

LammieLammieLammie

Which is interesting in itself...

Bittners a Legend

Although I don't consider him to have the same amount of talent as some of the names mention here ... Harley, Dunne, Edwards etc ... I am really surprised that Wayne Carlisle has not got a mention in this thread.

His role in getting us promoted should not be forgotten and I think he was a crucial player in the Tisdale early days ... when let us not forget that there were plenty of fans wanting to get rid of Tis before he had the chance to lead us to League One.

If I had to pick 5 now then I think I'd go with (and this is based on their impact and overall role under Tis; rather than their actual ability ... )

1.) Rob Edwards
2.) Matt Taylor
3.) Ryan Harley
4.) Wayne Carlisle
5.) George Friend (on loan)

I think that James Dunne, in time, will go on to become Tisdale's finest signing ... or at least on a par with Robbo. Logie narrowly misses out although in terms of cult status he should probably be number 1 in that list. Give it a full season of Richard Duffy at current standard and he would push himself into the top 5.

LammieLammieLammie

now there's a great great shout. Skin him Wayno... the forgotten goal in the play off Semi...

Kingsman

Most of the players I know come on here, I wander if they sit at the training ground discussing who would be in their top 5 Exeweb signings?

andrew p long

Presumably Stanno is classed as an Inglethorpe signing ?

LammieLammieLammie

Yep, I always love Alex's line up the tapping up stories regarding Stannos signing.

"Were there phone calls? Too right there were....... he never stopped calling me!" :)

mustangspeed2006

now there's a great great shout. Skin him Wayno... the forgotten goal in the play off Semi...
I thought Wayno was an Inglethorpe signing?