• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tis talks about quitting

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
More like "Tis talks about NOT quitting"

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thanks, Egg. A good article. (y)

manc grecian

How many other teams in the division have entered the transfer market then? The majority of teams sign freebies and loan players. His approach to the transfer market in the last 12 months has been unimaginative to say the least.

Does himself no favours with some of the stuff he comes out with. Be nice for him to acknowledge that some of this mess is his fault.

arthur

Such complacency! Almost unbelievable:
“Of course,” he said. “I am manager of a club that has a particular strategy and does things in a certain way.
That certain way being to play at home in such a way as to score goal once in a blue moon, win even less often and watch the revenue stream dry to a trickle and fans stay away in droves..

We haven’t entered the transfer market for two or three seasons now and have been managing a decline over the past two years and ultimately, the club will level at a certain point.

“I am not embarrassed about that – that is the way it is

And where might "that certain point" be? Half way down the Conference South table? Would he be embarrassed by that?

at some point, there will be an upturn again, so you have to be pragmatic about it and not worry too much.”
So, that's alright then, no need to worry.

“We have no opportunity to refresh the team and no opportunity to make changes
i.e. "I've had to play Danny Coles whenever possible - there is simply no alternative; we have no young players coming through so we're just stuck with these ageing pros who can't buy a goal or keep a clean sheet between them." No opportunities, my aarse..

Gardening leave now!

Last edited:

Silver fox

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Sorry, but the comments of PT would be laughable if we had a way of ejecting him from the mess that ECFC appears to have become.

Hate to say it but we are now in the realms of the surreal.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's it then folks - he's here for the long haul :(

arthur

I am beginning to hear the sound of white coats flapping

Google translate...

"I am on £125k managing lower league 2 club.....ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha"