• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tis Grim "oop Norf"

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, after tonights results, with Sheff U, Preston & Scunny looking pretty much nailed on for the drop and Chesterfield & Bury looking fair bets to come up it looks like a LOT more trips toward the "Arctic Circle" will be beckoning for us next season :( ....esp with the Scum, Swinnun and quite possibly a couple from the Gas, Daggers and even Warsaw* looking likely to say cheery-bye OUR division is looking to be taking a decided and disturbing northern bent!
(Thank f*ck Yeovil, at least, are making a fight of it ;) )

So, apart from praying that Accrington (FFS :'( ) don't also sneak their way up as well, should we be investing in some cloth caps and whippets for next season?

*I count Warsaw because, even though its "Midlands" its one of our easiest 'oop Norf'ish away days

Not sure I want to travel to eastern Europe , gets a bit cold there in the winter ! :'(

Mike Blackstone

Not sure I want to travel to eastern Europe , gets a bit cold there in the winter ! :'(
Almost as bad as Blaenau Ffestiniog on a wet day.

city_is_my_life

I bloody loves it I do! Actually hoping that Accrington get promoted!

CIML

grecian55

CIML
Thought you might have an input on this one ! not far from Bratfud !

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster

CIML
Ditto!

Southampton to go up with Brighton, with MK Dons in the play offs (assuming we dont make it)
Scum, Argyle, Swindon and Daggers to go down.

Sheff Utd, Scunny & PNE down from above
Bury, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury plus Accy or Vale in play offs to come up.

Perfection!

papillon

Well, after tonights results, with Sheff U, Preston & Scunny looking pretty much nailed on for the drop and Chesterfield & Bury looking fair bets to come up it looks like a LOT more trips toward the "Arctic Circle" will be beckoning for us next season :( ....esp with the Scum, Swinnun and quite possibly a couple from the Gas, Daggers and even Warsaw* looking likely to say cheery-bye OUR division is looking to be taking a decided and disturbing northern bent!
(Thank f*ck Yeovil, at least, are making a fight of it ;) )

So, apart from praying that Accrington (FFS :'( ) don't also sneak their way up as well, should we be investing in some cloth caps and whippets for next season?

*I count Warsaw because, even though its "Midlands" its one of our easiest 'oop Norf'ish away days
I was hoping for some new grounds coming down from above but been to all three. Mind you Bramall lane very different the last time I was there.

Poultice

Mind you Bramall lane very different the last time I was there.
Three sided with the cricket ground, was only talking about the very same thing with someone just the other day.

I like it oop North and would be more inclined to go to a game there than some of the southern venues.

The Steel Derby, a serious biggy.

papillon

Three sided with the cricket ground, was only talking about the very same thing with someone just the other day.

I like it oop North and would be more inclined to go to a game there than some of the southern venues.

The Steel Derby, a serious biggy.
Prestons ground has changed a lot too. Last time I was there we were locked out. A few years earlier it was a big old terrace aka Keith Viney days

Oldsmobile-88

A few years earlier it was a big old terrace aka Keith Viney days
Paps were you there for that screamer that Viney banged in at Deepdale???

Poultice

Prestons ground has changed a lot too. Last time I was there we were locked out. A few years earlier it was a big old terrace aka Keith Viney days
Oi, I'm supposed to be on ignore !

Good to see that Scunny are trying to keep the tradition of standing up at the football alive, the thought of going to Chesterfield is much less of a draw than if they were still at Saltergate.