• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time to act!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone honestly think that what the fans views are really would make any difference. It won't. Not unless the crowds drop below 2,000 and then it will probably be too late.

i_m
What's the point of being a fans owned Club if the fans view is disregarded?

I happen to think that protests against the manager (whoever he may be) are counter productive, all it does is reinforce the attitude of those players who have already lost faith. The real problem is that if there is money to invest in January (a big if I suspect) then you really have to decide that PT is the manager for the medium term in order to allow him to spend it. Is there enough time to organise a committee meeting to decide on this most fundamental of questions, who knows?

Phil Sayers

He may well be wrong Mr Sayers, but he is entitled to his opinion.

Only a fool turns a blind eye to the opinion of others. Especially when their viewpoint is growing in its support.

You are clearly not a fool, but not thinking before you post compromises your viewpoint. :(

It's a fair cop and although I definitely disagree with his opinion abuse from me is not the solution - for the record I have handed out enough tonight that I can have no complaints about getting it back. I was just frustrated at the tide of opinion but as you say it would seem that it is a viewpoint which is growing in size so should be listened to. I certainly don't think we have got to the stage where a protest is needed, desirable, justified or helpful though...

Apologies for the insults and thank you Red Lion for the kind comments when I was drowning my sorrows.

Last edited:

bigtrees

Like i've said before, a decent manager is available.....John Hollins. This guy built a decent team with no money in the summer, and was sacked for being knocked out the FA cup. He has connections in the game, and a tactical brain. Unlike somebody at in our dugout.

PeteUSA

If City dont get anything from St Albans, and then subsequently get turned over by Oxford, I would absolutely expect fans frustration to boil over after that game! I'm not saying that standing, baying "Tisdale Out", is the thing to do, but somebody should stand up and be accountable for the position we'd be in!

The crowd's would inevitably drop to 2,000 or less at that point, so there's really not much to lose in voicing an opinion.

Last edited:

Red Lion

Like i've said before, a decent manager is available.....John Hollins. This guy built a decent team with no money in the summer, and was sacked for being knocked out the FA cup. He has connections in the game, and a tactical brain. Unlike somebody at in our dugout.
Presumably John Hollins is the Chelsea player from the 70's (Long throw-ins?) who has he been managing lately then?

I

Isnowthetime

It's a fair cop and although I definitely disagree with his opinion abuse from me is not the solution - for the record I have handed out enough tonight that I can have no complaints about getting it back. I was just frustrated at the tide of opinion but as you say it would seem that it is a viewpoint which is growing in size so should be listened to. I certainly don't think we have got to the stage where a protest is needed, desirable, justified or helpful though...

Apologies for the insults and thank you Red Lion for the kind comments when I was drowning my sorrows.
whilst I doubt we will ever see eye to eye credit to you where it is due,

we all want the best for Exeter City and we all have differing thoughts about how things should be handled

by the sound of it I am regularly in the wrong, but thats life

Phil Sayers

whilst I doubt we will ever see eye to eye credit to you where it is due,

we all want the best for Exeter City and we all have differing thoughts about how things should be handled

by the sound of it I am regularly in the wrong, but thats life
Likewise credit where credit is due. I actually think that you often post comments that people frequently agree with but it is your style that grates with some. Perhaps a mellower tone would be more persuasive? Not meant as criticism merely my thoughts.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Send me a SAE! I'll give you a few tips! ;)

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumably John Hollins is the Chelsea player from the 70's (Long throw-ins?) who has he been managing lately then?
Surely this is a huge WHOOSH!?

LOG

a personal campaign against tisdale isn't the answer. he was offered the job, he took it.

we, the fans, were told that an experienced manger would be appointed, so who got the job? the least experienced of the final 3 candidates (but i guess the cheapest). but thats not tisdales fault.

i am fed up with being told that ecfc is a trust run, family club, where everything is out in the open. thats clearly not how its working (man utd money?). fans are expected to put their hands in their pockets all the time, be it entrance fees or someone shaking a bucket under your nose at half time, yet if you say anything negative, you get the likes of perryman saying "i'll go somewhere that deserves me". well, if thats how you feel, go! what really have you done for us? if you're worth the expenses, then i expect results.

to me, this is a wider issue than just our recent form or tactics or whether the managers any good, its about how the club is being run.

jimmy quinn was one of the last 3. i don't know if he was too expensive, but i would hope that they asked his price before he got so far. if not, thats poor business sense. he was the only one with experience of the 3 yet tisdale got the job. i would like to think that with all of his experience, perryman would have contacts but i don't know of anyone thats hes recommended or brought in. so what exactly does he do?