• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tiered Pricing (18-21)

Ah, very good... although that seems to favour an under 12 ticket - whereas I personally reckon there is more of a gap in pricing for 18-21 year olds.
As far as I'm concerned as soon as you leave 'school' you're a grownup,

anything you choose to do in life ( including further education ) is entirely your choice,

Youngsters are always wanting 'respect' but conveniently disregard 'responsibility',

If they want to p*ss their wages / dole up against the wall every Friday & Saturday night and go to a footie match that's up to them,

You cuts yer cloth......

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Take your word.

I saw a geezer who looked about 25 go in for a 17 year old, he had a moustache and everything.
I know a lad who's early 30's who still goes in for as a 17 year old.....

Leads

As far as I'm concerned as soon as you leave 'school' you're a grownup,

anything you choose to do in life ( including further education ) is entirely your choice,

Youngsters are always wanting 'respect' but conveniently disregard 'responsibility',

If they want to p*ss their wages / dole up against the wall every Friday & Saturday night and go to a footie match that's up to them,

You cuts yer cloth......
Respect & Responsibility? What are you on about?

We are talking about ticket prices, not the riots and the thread was started by someone who is cleary an adult and itsn't an 18-21 year old moaning that they have to pay more, just someone suggesting an idea to get the crowds up.

A sub 16-21 year old category is becoming increasingly common in football grounds across the UK, but as we already have child prices up to the age of 18, it isn't such an issue. Plus, it has been mentioned already that it's so easy to get in for a kid (Stadium way entrance) that no sensible 18-21 year old would ever pay full price anyway.

Good idea, but not something that should be top of ECFC's agenda, there are far more pressing matters to be dealing with.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
A lot of clubs do it... I think it would raise our gates.

The difference in price between 18 and 19 is quite high. You go from paying £5/game on the BB to £17. That's more than 3 times the price and a big shock to the system when you've been going week in week out paying just a fiver.

I think we should have an 18 - 21 price band. Say around £10 or £12 or something - but not the full £17.

Do we ever do any visitor profiling at SJP? Asking for age of people while they queue for the turnstiles. I reckon we'd see a large number of under 18s then a small percentage in the 18 - 21 bracket.

Someone suggested this on the Siege Army Facebook Page and I agree so posting here to see what people think.

Liam
Sorry if you have covered this but how do you propose the club fund this given a downturn in crowds?

If you read the Grecian Groups transcript you'll notice that tiered pricing is being introduced at a lower age. Sorry if this has been mentioned, I haven't the time to read the whole thread

Last edited:

ECFC Music

Ok then, how about this one. How about raising the age for concessions. Why should a 60 year old who works at the same place as me, doing the same job and earns the same wages, pay alot less than me to get in. Along with that, he gets a free bus pass to get into town and the winter warming allowance to make sure his house is nice and toasty when he gets home after a cold winters evening game. What with the age of retirement going up, surely this should be taken into account.
You have a point and i for one am in favour of phasing in a raising of the age in line with the government benchmark retirement age but i believe the club and other clubs can only do so if the government acts.
Also for further fairness should concessions apply to those over 65 who can well afford to pay full whack ? Probably not but don't see that working.

HarryECFC

People who wave flags should be let in for free ;)
The drummer should be allowed in free too :p