• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Three (nil) Cheers for the [SIZE="1"]excretians [/SIZE]!!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
PS more often than not, the minnows win out in friendlies - they want it more. Can't blame them, up against quality higher league opposition. We beat Chelsea in 96 FFS.

heathy1

As I said before it was your cup final and to be honest except for losing twice to Bristol Rovers you havent really got that much to look forward to now, (which was evident by you matching the usual gate of Fleetwood town without City's contingent!) as for us being shocking you were right, but as we have the finest manager below the championship were not too concerned, Sheffield Wednesday lost to Stocksbridge park steels last night and im sure they arent worried about being relegation fodder, its all about giving these smaller teams a day in the limelight and fair play to Torquay they played there socks off which when hearing the team line ups beforehand some of those Torquay players could have been really star struck but they kept their composure so all credit to them. Im sure a lot of those Torquay players were very keen to swap shirts at the end, something to tell the grand kids about I expect, its not everyday the big boys come to Plainmoor and youve got 3 in a week so fair play

Poultice

And no that was not our biggest match in 3 year's ,nor was it our cup final,right enough of this honesty .

Easy,easy,easy:D
Cup final for you, warm down for us.

Simples.

You should have gone up last season and have chosen well with your new manager, you are rightfully Devon's No.2 club, unlike some I think the psfs are important and should be used to hone the side, Cheesy thinks they are for f*cking around with his line up and achieving a level of fitness against weaker opposition, I think the kinds of starts we generally make to seasons hold the answer to which might be the better way.

Looking forward to you boys battering the Gargs this season, just be nice if you could pull in a few crowds that didn't make me think you were still in the Conference.

Grecian Max

A quick look at the Torquay forum and they're creaming themselves!

We ain't going down you sad acts, one pre-season friendly and they're World beaters :D :D :D

Grecian Max

As I said before it was your cup final and to be honest except for losing twice to Bristol Rovers you havent really got that much to look forward to now, (which was evident by you matching the usual gate of Fleetwood town without City's contingent!) as for us being shocking you were right, but as we have the finest manager below the championship were not too concerned, Sheffield Wednesday lost to Stocksbridge park steels last night and im sure they arent worried about being relegation fodder, its all about giving these smaller teams a day in the limelight and fair play to Torquay they played there socks off which when hearing the team line ups beforehand some of those Torquay players could have been really star struck but they kept their composure so all credit to them. Im sure a lot of those Torquay players were very keen to swap shirts at the end, something to tell the grand kids about I expect, its not everyday the big boys come to Plainmoor and youve got 3 in a week so fair play
:D Made me laff

So true!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well as a greek maybe you should care,two weeks from the season start and your team look's a million mile's away from being ready,now we only laugh at the City.
Does it? Ok ill wait until the actual season starts when it actually means something until I start worrying and if we are bottom of the league at Christmas then ill start to see some method in your argument! 5 years of constant progression so far and I'm far from worried.

Last edited:

jmgull

Lovin' some of these greek posts:D

Look lads....it was only a PSF - we took it easy too;)

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Lovin' some of these greek posts:D

Look lads....it was only a PSF - we took it easy too;)

Like fook you did, even your supporters were raving!!

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Like fook you did, even your supporters were raving!!
It was their cup final too Reggie ;)

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
It was their cup final too Reggie ;)
I think it was more of their way of showing that they were real contenders for the No.2 spot in Devon!