• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

This "ageing" thing.

Early Bath

As with the majority of people of a certain age, memory lapses can often be a big problem or, even funny, at times.

Here is one example of one of mine this last week (one of many I might add).

I was desperate to find one of those large ice cream containers to put something in, looked all round the house and garden shed without result. Whilst my daughter- in- law was emptying out a pantry cupboard in the kitchen on Sunday, there was required ice cream container.

And then, guess what? I couldn't for the life of me remember what I wanted it for, until yesterday, Tuesday, when putting the dog into the car, I suddenly remembered, what it was for, to put all of the dogs bits and pieces, leads, toys in that was cluttering up the back of the car.

Another one, last week I needed to go to the HSBC bank (not my preferred bank) to ask a question about shares, after sitting down with a member of staff and discussing the problem for a few minutes, the man says that I would be better going to HSBC, this is the Halifax! I said thanks for his time and beat a hasty retreat.