• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The 'Who will we be playing' match day thread

They have peaked too soon

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can but hope.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe used up all their luck now?We'll have to stay awake at Wembley though.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are a young side hopefully our greater experience may see us over the line.

DB9

Think it will be two good footballing teams in the final, With the ball played on the ground

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Finished with "our Rog's " favourite score line. Wonder if he put a bet on? ;)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think it will be two good footballing teams in the final, With the ball played on the ground
Agreed we both carry a serious goal threat, Stockley and McNulty, and I think it is likely to come down to who has the strongest defence and I think we will shade it in that department.

dontpassback

I am not a fan of Nolan’s,but Notts county have been done in both games by incompetent officials,I know Coventry went on to score ,but the tide turned with the offside goal.as for Coventry,they played well but the words over confident spring to mind !

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am not a fan of Nolan’s,but Notts county have been done in both games by incompetent officials,I know Coventry went on to score ,but the tide turned with the offside goal.as for Coventry,they played well but the words over confident spring to mind !
Mmmmm words that sprung to my mind was 'decent team'

Banksy

We shouldn't forget that in the first leg Notts were leading Coventry 1-0 and were undone by a poor refereeing decision.Up until then Coventry looked quite beatable.They've certainly had the luck.
For all the goal line technology you can still be undone by a carp referee.