• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The venue for League 2 playoffs

Japanman

If Torquay's last turn out is any indication then Wembley probably wouldn't have made any difference.

Any Gulls want to say why so few turned up yesterday?

Southampton Gull

If Torquay's last turn out is any indication then Wembley probably wouldn't have made any difference.

Any Gulls want to say why so few turned up yesterday?
We took twice the number Stevenage did so perhaps you'd be better off asking them ;)

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
We took twice the number Stevenage did so perhaps you'd be better off asking them ;)
Yet they still made twice the noise, no surprise there though.

Japanman

Thanks, but that doesn't explain why so few Gulls went.

PS. If 4,000 Gulls went and 2,000 Satanage (acoording to your figures) then where did the other 5,000 come from?

Poultice

PS. If 4,000 Gulls went and 2,000 Satanage (acoording to your figures) then where did the other 5,000 come from?
The Conference Family, oops sorry, wrong game, must have just felt like it.

Southampton Gull

I didn't say we took 4000. We took 7000.

There's a whole list of reasons why the gate was so low.

Peterborough have only sold 9000 tickets for today. Number one reason is the cost, ticket prices during a recession were ridiculous. One of our fans that I know of had to purchase a ticket for his 3 month old child. No student concessions at all. Distance was a factor but overall if Stevenage can only sell half what we did and Perterborough only 2000 more then I'd say our sales were good for a club of our size.

United09

Ticket prices were a p1ss take, as were the 12 hour round trip but thats football! Bring on next season!

Poultice

I didn't say we took 4000. We took 7000.
Not fat and can't count either.

Only one reason they took so few fans, because they are a tinpot little club and I 4-1 enjoyed yet another good laugh at the Torquay.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Peterborough have only sold 9000 tickets for today. Number one reason is the cost, ticket prices during a recession were ridiculous. One of our fans that I know of had to purchase a ticket for his 3 month old child. No student concessions at all. Distance was a factor but overall if Stevenage can only sell half what we did and Perterborough only 2000 more then I'd say our sales were good for a club of our size.
It was 13000 on the 24th, 5 days ago.

Grecian2K

To go back to the opening question "my garden shed" is available for next year if that helps.