• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The "Statement regarding Spanky" thread.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm just glad they changed my monicker before titling and releasing this statement...

Now that would have been a terrifying thought...
"They" changed it ?

BTW: A firing squad would be a better avatar IMO

Poultice

I thought Poults had given us an official update of the revised acronym ?
Nah, I put together a steering committee and we decided it was a tad unwieldy, there will be a major news release of all the pertinent info via an overcontrived and badly worded thread some time shortly.

Roy Hodgson

An early contender for stupidest thread of the year award. Good work.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Nah, I put together a steering committee and we decided it was a tad unwieldy, there will be a major news release of all the pertinent info via an overcontrived and badly worded thread some time shortly.
You fibber (Brooke is looking into the libel of this), you'll tag onto the end of an existing thread in the hope no-one notices.

;)

Roy Hodgson

My post was supposed to be on Log's thread. Flip.

Poultice

You fibber (Brooke is looking into the libel of this), you'll tag onto the end of an existing thread in the hope no-one notices.

;)
Damn, you SS boys are too sharp for me, must be all those nights camping when you were in the Hitler Youth.

Grecian2K

must be all those nights camping when you were in the Hitler Youth.
Reckon you might be on to something there Poults :$

IndoMike

I think we've all taken that point into consideration, IndoMike. We're going to be stepping back, making ourselves less visible, posting as normal users would and are also going to remove the references to 'steering committe'e from our taglines and just have exeweb.com mod like the others.

It was never our intention to appear as "more important than the game itself" - rather the opposite in fact - we wanted to be completely open with everyone about what we were doing. Actually so as to avoid being labelled along the lines of "the nouvelle clique" (though I see we didn't prevent that!). I do accept, as someone (who will forgive me for forgetting who they were) said elsewhere - it is possible to be TOO transparent.

You'll be hearing less 'statements' and 'announcements' from us in the future, but what will stay the same is our increased support of the existing moderators and the determination to rid Exeweb of the kind of personal abuse that has been prevalent over recent months.
Thanks for the response : yes, good idea to take a step back.
About the abuse : good luck - it is a very fine line and you can't hear the intonation. Swear words aren't necessarily abusive - it's the way they are said (with anger, with sarcasm, jokingly) that counts.