• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The shake up XI thread

dontpassback

Moxey has been poor, his passing yesterday was aimless and he seems to have lost some of the aggression that made him such a good player when we first had him, he's really disappointed me since he returned to the club, I'm not a fan of Woodman either, I'd like a left back with a lot more pace, it really is a toss up between those two however in terms of performances so far this season Woodman has been better than Moxey imho. Moxey doesn't deserve to be starting at the moment.
I agree about moxey,he just seems to be going through the motions and he needs to step up a bit.woodman isn’t quick but he can deliver a decent cross,and I didn’t see many of them yesterday

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'd like the shake up to happen for Tuesday night. Let's see if Oates andd O'Shea are ready to start a L2 game.

Devonbean

I'd like the shake up to happen for Tuesday night. Let's see if Oates andd O'Shea are ready to start a L2 game.
I agree, probably time for a shake up, the cup match v Yeovil a good start.
The best players should be played in their best positions, firstly.
Pym, A Martin, Taylor, Law, Stockley as the team core where they play best and are comfortable.
I prefer a flexible 4 4 2 if possible with the squad available, so fill the remaining positions accordingly using young players if necessary but as many as possible in their favoured positions.
Management must be streetwise, not to be intimidated by the opposition, stand in the technical area and be prepared to handle any gamesmanship.
MT must be given time, great player for City, loves the game, he will learn quickly, the fans need to be patient and continue with the support and encouragement provided so far.

Exehausted

I'd try a different formation against Yeovil, who are likely to only make a few changes because they have such a small squad, so I'm sure they will be a good test. I'd play 3 5 2. If it works I would stick with it for Saturday. If not...………..oh blimey!
Pym
Sweeney A. Martin Brown
Oates Taylor Law Collins Woodman
Abrahams Stockley
Subs Hamon Jay Ogbene Boeteng Croll Tillson Moxey

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
48yr old Craig woodman as left wing back. No thanks.

grecIAN Harris

Moxey has been poor, his passing yesterday was aimless and he seems to have lost some of the aggression that made him such a good player when we first had him, he's really disappointed me since he returned to the club, I'm not a fan of Woodman either, I'd like a left back with a lot more pace, it really is a toss up between those two however in terms of performances so far this season Woodman has been better than Moxey imho. Moxey doesn't deserve to be starting at the moment.
God help us, something we can agree on. As I said on the matchday thread, I can very easily see Holmes being dropped and probably being replaced by Ogbene.

Red Devon

No need to panic and make too many changes, I’d be happy for Forte to come back in for Abrahams and Tilson for Boateng or Taylor.

Corey

For the Yeovil game:

———————-Hamon-———————
-Oates——O’Shea—Croll—Woodman-
-Sparkes—Collins—Tillson—Martin——
—————-Jay——-Ogbene—————-

Star performers will be rewarded with a place on Saturday. Probably Archie Collins and Tillson.

andrew p long

For the Yeovil game:

———————-Hamon-———————
-Oates——O’Shea—Croll—Woodman-
-Sparkes—Collins—Tillson—Martin——
—————-Jay——-Ogbene.
Spot on methinks. This just meets the rules(4 outfielders who started the last game, or are on loan from a Club with a Cat 1 academy, or who have started 40 league games).

Come to think of it for players like Stockley and Taylor they must have felt like they were living on a coach, with games at Cambridge, Milton Keynes and Fulham within a week.

Red Devon

Don’t like having to say it but...only mentioned a few times during commentary today but when he was it was after some sort of clusters****** mistake....hopefully MT can find a proper holding midfielder to play this important position in January.