• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stadium plan statement. Progress?

More like just words

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stadium plan statement. Progress?

Where? Genuinely can't think of anywhere free within the Borough.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The last time the Gulls new stadium was making headlines, Clark Osborne released the artist's impression which can be seen on this page:
As I recall, Torquay subsequently admitted this was an artist's impression of a stadium elsewhere in the country which they'd, rather clumsily, adorned with some TUFC badges.

DB9

The last time the Gulls new stadium was making headlines, Clark Osborne released the artist's impression which can be seen on this page:
As I recall, Torquay subsequently admitted this was an artist's impression of a stadium elsewhere in the country which they'd, rather clumsily, adorned with some TUFC badges.
Bristol Rovers IIRC

Spoonz Red E

Bristol Rovers IIRC
Grimsby ...

DB9

Grimsby ...

Cheers Spoonz, Can't think why i thought it was B Rovers. (y)

Spoonz Red E

Cheers Spoonz, Can't think why i thought it was B Rovers. (y)
You probably saw the fireworks and felt that the Torquay owners were Gaslighting ...

STURTZ

Grimsby ...

Crap fireworks!

Colesman Ballz

Bristol Rovers IIRC
Hadn't both Grimsby and Osborne simply taken an artist's impression for a new stadium in Cyprus and added GTFC/TUFC to it, hence the olive trees in the picture ? Now I now Torbay likes to portray itself as the English Riviera with a few hardy palm trees dotted about the place, but olive groves in Grimsby is really stretching credulity ! (Sorry Les !) :p

ve

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't Osborne also announce plans for the stadium to double as a concert venue with retractable seats covering the pitch? As I recall, he thought this had legs until an industry expert priced it at several hundred million lol.