• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
For those who are not happy about Torquay getting promoted (possibly), imagine the joy of taking 6 points off them next season 👍

jmgull

Thanks for the kind wishes from you greeks.. it's appreciated.
You all know how it feels to be down here, although not for the 8 or so seasons!
Gary Johnson may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is a bloody good manager.
To get us 90 minutes from glory despite losing our 3 best forwards from Jan onwards is testament to his ability.
Moxey has had a difficult season with form & injury.. and his age but he's been a rock for the run in.. and slotted a very cool pen away today too!
Was happy for him.. a good pro & top man.

Banksy

For those who are not happy about Torquay getting promoted (possibly), imagine the joy of taking 6 points off them next season 👍
From what I’ve seen Mike there’s not a lot of difference between the top half of the National League and League Two.

The deluder

From what I’ve seen Mike there’s not a lot of difference between the top half of the National League and League Two.
Disagree. Seems like a poor league this season. Harrogate and Barrow didn't exactly pull up any trees in L2 last season.

IndoMike

Sometimes teams are promoted and then struggle in Lg 2 and sometimes they don't. But people say it's hard to get out of the NL so maybe you're right. Anyway, first Torquay need to get promoted so we can see what happens then. How are their finances : not so hot I imagine

grecIAN Harris

Thanks for the kind wishes from you greeks.. it's appreciated.
You all know how it feels to be down here, although not for the 8 or so seasons!
Gary Johnson may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is a bloody good manager.
To get us 90 minutes from glory despite losing our 3 best forwards from Jan onwards is testament to his ability.
Moxey has had a difficult season with form & injury.. and his age but he's been a rock for the run in.. and slotted a very cool pen away today too!
Was happy for him.. a good pro & top man.
Hurry up and get back up here so we can all laugh at the Torquay.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: It would be good to have a proper League team back though instead of the non League dross that has been filtering through lately.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sad to hear that Torquay fans singing and celebrating the death of a footballer.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sad to hear that Torquay fans singing and celebrating the death of a footballer.
I didn't want them promoted before and after this I definitely don't want them promoted now.

iscalad

Who died?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So it's either a 25 mile trip to Torquay or a 350 mile trip to Hartlepool next season.