• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Notts County doing the Turkeys a massive favour with a 94th minute winner against Sutton.

And, with Sutton still to play Hartlepool as well promotion seems Torquay's to lose.

dontpassback

All good results fit the gulls so far,let’s hope they can hold their nerve and get back into league 2

Grecian2K

And lets hope that all remaining results fit the Grecians and WE hold our nerve.
So we don't have to play them next season!

AndyR

Legohead - you just can't change to follow another local team & be taken seriously, not now.. not ever.

Being a fan doesn't work like that, you're a fraud.

You should choose another sport or follow the chiefs.
I think that's overly simplistic, jmgull, fans do become alienated from their clubs for all sorts of reasons. The formation of FC United of Manchester after the Glazers took over ManU is a case in point and there has been much unhappiness among fans of the European Super League teams, some of whom have said, "that's it that's the end for me". Or if for some other reason a supporter found the conduct of their club or its supporters morally repugnant.

If the person concerned didn't want to stop watching the game I don't think they should be limited to watching rugby instead.

Oh and unlike Legohead, I still harbour hopes that Torquay will blow up their promotion push, although it doesn't now appear likely, not because I have anything against the Gulls whatsoever but I don't want you competing with us for players or....fans.

jmgull

Oh and unlike Legohead, I still harbour hopes that Torquay will blow up their promotion push, although it doesn't now appear likely, not because I have anything against the Gulls whatsoever but I don't want you competing with us for players or....fans.
It's ok we don't want legohead back! 😉

Yes maybe I was being overly simplistic but jumping ship to your local rivals (at the time) is a lot different to supporting something like FC Utd after being disillusioned with Man U, it's more like going off to support Man City.
For 99.9% of fans, it's support the team you chose.. or more likely chose you - or mentally walk away.

And you greeks can all fack off with the 'its in your hands and yours to blow' ******** 🙄

We are knackered, without our front 3 and two best centre halves, but have somehow picked up 25 pts from 27 with guts, a bit of luck and a whole host of injury time winners.
It's impossible to feel any shred of confidence that we will get over the line, supporting TUFC prepares one that the next kick in the testicles is never too far away.
We have to avoid defeat at in form, big spending Stockport and win at least 2 of the other 3.

tonykellowfan

Genuine question, could Torquay survive in L2, or would they end up as relegation fodder?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Genuine question, could Torquay survive in L2, or would they end up as relegation fodder?
I don't think any team promoted from the National League has ever been relegated the next season.

Banksy

Maybe some moneybags billionaire will make them their pet project and pump a lot of money in.😀

STURTZ

....or they win the lottery! :rolleyes:

Grecian_in_Plymouth

it will be great to see the Gulls in league 2