• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The "Please Don't Mention Tisdale" Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are references that allude to "he who shall not be named" (HWSNBN) also banned ?

Did Elgy mention him once and get away with it ? :S
If you allude to he who must be obeyed (and I'm not, of course) it means that you have been unable to throw away the security blanket that is he and are doomed

Last edited:

IndoMike

Ah happy memories. (y)

I will dust off the old number 4 shirt and play as right half.
I think it can be done. Arnie.

IndoMike

Jehovah !!!
Be careful or you will get a good stoning, unless you are suggesting a signing.
I do believe playing 2-3-5 will bring back the crowds. This one man up front being marked by two or three centre backs thing is sooooo boring

Alistair20000

I think it can be done. Arnie.
Where will you play Indo ? If I had to guess I would have you down as a wily "schemer" playing inside left (10).

IndoMike

Where will you play Indo ? If I had to guess I would have you down as a wily "schemer" playing inside left (10).
Funnily enough, i was an inside forward of the goalscoring type. I won't go into details but I did reach the final trial of Exeter Schoolboys only to arrive 20 minutes late and be banished to the sidelines until the last 10 minutes, when I was stuck on the right wing. I was definitely a contender. Regarding the "scheming" aspect, I am amazed that you should relate that characteristic to me, a person of the highest repute...

Alistair20000

Funnily enough, i was an inside forward of the goalscoring type. I won't go into details but I did reach the final trial of Exeter Schoolboys only to arrive 20 minutes late and be banished to the sidelines until the last 10 minutes, when I was stuck on the right wing. I was definitely a contender. Regarding the "scheming" aspect, I am amazed that you should relate that characteristic to me, a person of the highest repute...
In the 60's a "schemer" in the context of footie was not a derogatory term at all. It was a technically gifted creative playmaker who set up the goal scoring opportunities.

Seems you were more of the Jimmy Greaves type though (y)

IndoMike

In the 60's a "schemer" in the context of footie was not a derogatory term at all. It was a technically gifted creative playmaker who set up the goal scoring opportunities.

Seems you were more of the Jimmy Greaves type though (y)
Yes, Ali, I know : i was just playing around. I'd say I was more the Lineker type, but I guess he was more a centre forward than an inside forward. Somwhere between Lineker and the great Alan Banks.

Alistair20000

Yes, Ali, I know : i was just playing around. I'd say I was more the Lineker type, but I guess he was more a centre forward than an inside forward. Somwhere between Lineker and the great Alan Banks.
Thought you may not be old enough to recall the 60's Indo :)

Spoonz Red E

Shall we name the away stand Underhill & Overdale?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK to mention Gordondale?