• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The official Exeter City V Plymouth Argyle JPT 1st round thread

IBA

Does anyone remember Bally's first season in charge when we struggled to beat Dawlish & Tivvy
we conceded 12 goals in 2 league games WBA & Shrewsbury. I think we played Turkey in Aug at SJP .we were shocking Torquay with Dazza upfront were by far the superior team and then in the 93rd minute Tom Kelly sprung up like a salmon out of water to head in the winning goal and from then onwards we improved rapidly.

Grumpy Grecian

exeweb.com friend
I thought we were shocking. The lack of flair and inventiveness was very worrying. I don't recall their keeper having to do anything other than pick the ball out of the net.

The one moment of quality in the whole game was their goal.

Thank goodness for Leonard P.

GG

IBA

I don't recall their keeper having to do anything other than pick the ball out of the net.

GG
Quote of the season so far!!!

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see one of our old keepers was a hero tonight as well- Oscar Janson stopped a couple in a penalty shoot out to put Bradford through against Gary (walking disaster) Megson's Sheffield Wednesday.

Last edited:

Red the Paper

Banned
2 sh*tes sides tonight.

I never thought I would see the day when City played their 2 mascots up front.

WE WILL BE RELEGATED

Citysupporter2099

We were dreadful. Not good. No fighting spirit, no drive and determination. It was horrible to watch. We are going to have a horrible season if things don't change soon. Lenny Pidgeley was class. Nards was pathetic. Troy isn't a midfielder. The whole game was a joke.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... WE WILL BE RELEGATED
I don't have any of the real stuff to spare, but I'd bet you a virtual tenner we won't be ... [y]

SmallHat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTS3XwdLGeU Highlights of tonights game!

Red Lion

Yeah, we weren't good, but how very sweet to see us dispatch our bitterest rivals emphatically!

Lenny was very solid, must be giving Tizza a selection headache.

Vine and Nards were IMHO woeful, but Nards redeemed himself with his penalty. Must do better!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Coles. He may be no nonsense, but surely that's what you need from a centre half?

I also like Pidgely, seems to be more popular than Artur and is more commanding in the area. #1 IMO