• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City v Chesterfield FC Matchday Thread

AlanDevlin

In fact having checked the records, Richard Pears scored on 7th May 1994, having been born on 16th July 1976, so Nichols is possibly third youngest player to score at Football League level for City.
Mark Robson must be fairly well up that list?

SmallHat.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just back from the game.Thought for most of the game I was going to have to say MK Dons = punch-less , Brentford = punch-less , Chesterfield = punch-less then up steps young Tom Nichols with a cracking goal. We're going to need more like that from him because I don't know where else they're going to come from in our shot shy team this season especially with our on going injury problems. Nardiello lazy? Don't know really , think he may still be carrying his injury and was afraid to let loose. Either way he didn't do much.Don't think Vine will be the answer to our goal scoring problems somehow. And why do we persist in playing Dunne wide on the right? Think it's going to be a long hard haul this season.Poor gate , what happened to all the plastics who turned up for Liverpool?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thank you for that. And up online so quick!

Liam McNamara

Way too many fickles!! Come every week or don't come at all!! If people came every week it would mean more money!! People don't get it!

bsmaff

Just back from the game.Thought for most of the game I was going to have to say MK Dons = punch-less , Brentford = punch-less , Chesterfield = punch-less then up steps young Tom Nichols with a cracking goal. We're going to need more like that from him because I don't know where else they're going to come from in our shot shy team this season especially with our on going injury problems. Nardiello lazy? Don't know really , think he may still be carrying his injury and was afraid to let loose. Either way he didn't do much.Don't think Vine will be the answer to our goal scoring problems somehow. And why do we persist in playing Dunne wide on the right? Think it's going to be a long hard haul this season.Poor gate , what happened to all the plastics who turned up for Liverpool?
I think alot of people saw this as the pointless game in 3, thats why there wasn't a big gate.

It was a poor team performance until Sheps and Nicholls came on and changed the game.

Dunne was completed wasted out wide again, Nards looked very lazy, Vine looked unfit.

It was def a pen in my opinion I was stood close enough to it and saw it clearly hit Coles arm.

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair, I think a lot of people chucked in this one for the Argyle game - 3 home games in the space of 8 days is always going to reduce at least one attendance.

Last edited:

RobG

Way too many fickles!! Come every week or don't come at all!! If people came every week it would mean more money!! People don't get it!
D*ck, if people didnt come at all we would have far less money! People doing what they can makes all the difference. Id rather someone came 10 times than 0!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
To be fair, I think a lot of people chucked in this one for the Argyle game - 3 home games in the space of 8 days is always going to reduce at least one attendance.
Also we've not had a very good start to the season. Before today the only win being in the League Cup, plus 2 consecutive home defeats. Hardly any goals. Not a huge incentive for people to come.

SmallHat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWzhmKlKt3E
Thank you for that. And up online so quick!
No problem! Here's Tom Nichols' goal as well (not the best filming though!)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t48zb68hYE