• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter city V Bournemouth thread.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Noble's personality befitting of a captain?

His form is certainly not worth of a place in the side but then none of them are.

ICE

First and last time I'll start a matchday thread!

Could and should have been a crap 0:0 between two crap teams, their goals were both the results of crazy circus breaks, I don't think either team deserved to win it.

Another dull match, no spark no direction, a complete inability to put our forwards into any kind of scoring position.

The system isn't working there's no link with the attack from midfield and nobody capable, or in a position to beat the full back and put in a cross. I preferred it when we had Tully and Golbourne as wing backs, they weren't great but we could cause more panic in their goalmouth when they went forward. We are just so one dimensional and aften reduced to booting it up the middle for Logie to miss. There's no understanding amoung our strikers they have been shuffled around so much.
This. No more comments. : (

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Just seen the highlights on football league show. Embarrassing to say the least. Both goals conceded were dreadful-and looked worse on tv.

We ate doomed.

Rog H K

His form is certainly not worth of a place in the side but then none of them are.
He has a nice mohican haircut though!

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
What sort of **** has that sort of haircut when he is a has been in a sh*t side ?

Unless of course he is trying to distract attention from the fact that he is a has been in a sh*t side.

He has ability but I would happily see him follow Cheesy up the road somewhere, he is not a team man and he most certainly is not a captain.

Cravat 2

It's a Mohawk, isn't it?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you can cope, we're on at 0.53.40 on the Football League Show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0155fny/The_Football_League_Show_2011_2012_17_09_2011/

Willy Nilly

Very disappointed with that. It was a terrible game. Two sh*t teams, two sh*t goals, and two sh*t something elses.

Sick of seeing endless misplaced passes and aimless long balls. Heads seemed to drop pretty quickly and hardly anyone seemed to be trying to find space.

Get Dunne off the fecking wing and get Troy into defence. It's not working Cheesdale, so sort it out.

We need to stop blaming injuries. Bournemouth have been ripped apart since last season and they down to bare bones after two injuries during the game. They still beat us.

We lost Harley (massive), Cureton (looking like a flash in the pan thanks to Harley), and Taylor (who was sat on the bench by the end of the season).

That shouldn't be enough to turn us to complete pish.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Get Dunne off the fecking wing and get Troy into defence. It's not working Cheesdale, so sort it out.
Must agree with your sentiments as regards Dunne. His commitment is beyond dispute but that shouldn't be allowed to disguise the fact his ability to affect the game, positively, is massively diminished playing out wide.

There were, perhaps, half-a-dozen occasions yesterday when we had a player in a good position to deliver a ball across the 'corridor of uncertainty'. I can't remember a single one of 'em hitting the penalty area let alone the six-yard box.

The one good delivery from a City player came from a Noble corner in the fifth minute of injury time.

Too little. Too late.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster

Noble frustrates the hell out of me. I wish Tisdale hadn't made him captain, because now dropping him is a bigger deal.