• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Goalkeeper, Another Loanee or Permanent One?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now with the season over and our loan players head back to their parent clubs, I want to talk about next season's Goalie, With another successful loan Goalie in Sinisalo and over the past few years we have been very fortunate to have real quality loan Goalies. So next season, Do we again go for a loanee or try to get a permanent one that will compliment what we have, Do we think Harry Lee will be given the No1 gloves or not? As i've said we've been really good at getting a Goalie, Will we do the same next season?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see Lee being our number 1.

I suppose the problem with a permanent keeper is he'll likely block the pathway for Lee when he's ready.

Still seems very up in the air as to whether Lee is going to cut the mustard.

I think it'll be another loanee.

grecIAN Harris

I can't see Lee being our number 1.

I suppose the problem with a permanent keeper is he'll likely block the pathway for Lee when he's ready.

Still seems very up in the air as to whether Lee is going to cut the mustard.

I think it'll be another loanee.
At the moment I'd agree with that first line based on what Caldwell said a little while back. I can't quote exactly what was said but it was something along the lines of Harry having to prove himself and the tone in which it was said suggested he wasn't happy with Harry.
There was a suggestion on the transfer thread that we are looking at Bailey Peacock-Farrell who is signed to Burnley but currently on loan at Aarhus having previously spent a season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday (the same one we had Cam Dawson on loan from Wednesday). So whether that is a loan or more permanent, who knows although I would have thought with the wages he is on, x loan deal ix our only affordable option.

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me it comes down to what is the best option for the club. I would much prefer the best goalkeeper on loan than a permanent for the sake of it. However, if an excellent keeper becomes available on a permanent deal then get him in

Grecian2K

For myself I shall wait to see who our esteemed Arizonan Goalkeeping Guru decrees worthy of earning the venerable "George Hunter Memorial Wooly Pullover" for next season.
In Pate we Trust.

StudentGrecian

I think we will see Harry Lee leave. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Gary Woods extension and another loan keeper come in. Would love to be in permanently for Dawson, but not sure that it is achievable.

Peacock-Farrell stuff is fantasy land imo. He has proven himself in League One and the Championship, yes he is out of contract but he will be looking for a lot more than we can offer off the back of a Premier League wages.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's more chance of getting Cam Dawson back than Peacock-Farrell.

TOP_CITY_FAN

There's more chance of getting Cam Dawson back than Peacock-Farrell.
Funny you say that...

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny you say that...
Why?

dontpassback

I also heard a rumour about Dawson,not getting games at the owls and may be released at end of season,would be happy to see him back !