• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"The next 8 days"

DaveE

you can now see why Tis was so disappointed not to nick a late goal -v- Stevenage. If we had we would have been in a clutch of 5 clubs fighting over two play off places. And the two incumbents in 6th and 7th are our opponents over Easter...
However, 9 games to go, 4 points off the play offs. Don't get me wrong, I've got a season ticket so I know we will concede a home goal as we come out of the tunnel just to be 'proper chaps' and make it worth the while of the travelling supporters. But it is better than being down the bottom :) I don't ever expect anything with ECFC and I'm rarely disappointed but you never know..

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
However, 9 games to go, 4 points off the play offs. Don't get me wrong, I've got a season ticket so I know we will concede a home goal as we come out of the tunnel just to be 'proper chaps' and make it worth the while of the travelling supporters. But it is better than being down the bottom :) I don't ever expect anything with ECFC and I'm rarely disappointed but you never know..
So true. I always think that if we finish in the top half of L2(Div 4) we have done well. [G]

Avening Posse

If you are reading this Mr Haylock, is it possible you can do another public quote for the next 8 days please (in fact make it 15 days), as seemed to have done the trick :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
"The next 40 days are massive". That should cover all bases.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is right. we keep picking up wins then you never know. never right off our boys

9 for Luton and Wycombe but only 8 games left for us.

STURTZ

Come on you Wycombe!

mdg

What might have been- if we had beat Accy etc- we would be making sure we stayed in the playoffs

PeteUSA

If you are reading this Mr Haylock, is it possible you can do another public quote for the next 8 days please (in fact make it 15 days), as seemed to have done the trick :)
Mr Haylock, that has a ring to it. A ready made replacement if Tisdale goes perhaps?

What might have been- if we had beat Accy etc- we would be making sure we stayed in the playoffs
There are a host of other teams that could say the same thing: "If we had beaten." If they had we could still have beaten Accy etc and still not have made the play-offs. You simply cannot just apply that train of thought to your own team without giving the same consideration to other teams.

Last edited: