• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

les.gtfc

Robbing barstewards!!! £40 a ticket PLUS £3 booking fee per ticket, PLUS a quid to send an email for final tickets. It was cheaper to go to Hudderfield v Forest Championship game at Wembley!

sign of the chimes

Given they weren't using Wembley I can't understand why they used a London stadium with the additional costs that would incur (that the fans ultimately end up paying)... answers on a postcard?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Robbing barstewards!!! £40 a ticket PLUS £3 booking fee per ticket, PLUS a quid to send an email for final tickets. It was cheaper to go to Hudderfield v Forest Championship game at Wembley!
Fcuking ridiculous...I can never understand why the NL Play Off Final is not played at one of the major grounds in the Midlands, Pride Park or The Ricoh Arena for example.

Grecian2K

I agree Olds.

I believe Glanford Park could also have been available.
Reasonably handy for both sides (good motorway linkage and all that)
And, let's face it. The rusted Iron are in desperate need of the Dosh. Not only that but it would give the locals an early preview of non league football.

les.gtfc

Fcuking ridiculous...I can never understand why the NL Play Off Final is not played at one of the major grounds in the Midlands, Pride Park or The Ricoh Arena for example.
The Mariners Trust have set up a fundraising page to help families towards the cost of going who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford the expense. £16k been raised so far.

les.gtfc

I agree Olds.

I believe Glanford Park could also have been available.
Reasonably handy for both sides (good motorway linkage and all that)
And, let's face it. The rusted Iron are in desperate need of the Dosh. Not only that but it would give the locals an early preview of non league football.
We've already sold more than the capacity of that place.

Grecian2K

We've already sold more than the capacity of that place.
Trust you will all be dropping off down the A181 for a quick brekky at "The Old Farmhouse" en route? (y)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck on Sunday, les. (y)

Oldsmobile-88

Good to see the NL listening..It’s now £4.50 extra on top of the ticket 🙄🙁

5BD07130-F482-4CA7-BB20-47B9008F2A11.jpeg

Red Devon

I paid £38 (no booking fee) for the League Two playoff final at Wembley last weekend