• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
What utter madness, the physical demands which will be placed on the players are intolerable. The League should be censured and it's Management Committee members sacked and debarred from holding further office by a lifetime FA ban !

Bridgy 81

Whilst pondering how City can become mathematically safe from relegation tomorrow evening, I noticed that Taunton Town have already achieved it in their first ever season at National League South level.
They’re currently sitting pretty in 15th with four matches to go so still have a chance to finish a little higher up the final table.
I’ve only followed them remotely this season but I think their league placing could have been even higher if it hadn’t been for long runs in cups and numerous weather related postponements over the winter.
They’ve had to play every Saturday and Tuesday for weeks now.
A great effort by them.
There’s still a chance they may have league matches against Torquay next season and it’s almost certain they will against Yeovil (who just 10 years ago were in the Championship!).

Rosencrantz

BBC Report on the recovering Alex Fletcher of Bath City following his horrific injury earlier this season. I would have linked Stuart James' story on it but it is for The Athletic and behind the paywall.

Hopefully Alex can get back playing again at some point. I should think a lot of football clubs at all levels will be compelled to look at perimeter safety for the players. There are plenty of grounds with solid walls with advertising stuck on. For example, it is very tight at either end of Ladysmead and down the social club side.

Red Devon

Very healthy away following from York at Plainmoor on Saturday 200 plus judging on ITV News highlights clip this evening.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks all over for Yeovil and another relegation confirmed tonight.

DB9

Looks all over for Yeovil and another relegation confirmed tonight.
10 years ago in 2013, Yeovil beat Brentford 2-1 in the L1 play off final to reach The Championship, How fortunes have changed for both teams.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
10 years ago in 2013, Yeovil beat Brentford 2-1 in the L1 play off final to reach The Championship, How fortunes have changed for both teams.
Indeed, Yeovil and Scunthorpe were both Championship sides in the last decade. Re: the latter, I hope they stick with their management team for personal reasons (my old classmate being their assistant manager currently!).

Maybe my "told you so" from a couple of pages back re: my prediction about Yeovil back in 2014 should be made a bit more prominent.

Rosencrantz

DB9

Here's an interesting ditty from the BBC Sport website regarding the last 10 yrs from Yeovil Town.