• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
National League to continue, but South and North declared null and void

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
National League to continue, but South and North declared null and void

I guess that will cascade down through all grassroots football if it hasn't already.

Oldsmobile-88

Dover are not continuing with the NL season because of the ongoing uncertainty over funding for the rest of the season.
All players & staff to be placed on furlough to protect the future of the club.
I wonder what will happen now especially as the NL has voted to continue.
Listening to the latest price of football podcast.Dover lost £0.5m in 2018/19 plus the shareholders have put in a additional £2m since.

13 clubs voted to continue the season in the NL obviously with the carrot of possible promotion to the EFL for most of them(the playoff positions are extensive in that division)

The knock on from the decision to play on with no grants & only the offer of loans will have ramifications down the line when the crisis is over.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder what will happen now especially as the NL has voted to continue.
Listening to the latest price of football podcast.Dover lost £0.5m in 2018/19 plus the shareholders have put in a additional £2m since.

13 clubs voted to continue the season in the NL obviously with the carrot of possible promotion to the EFL for most of them(the playoff positions are extensive in that division)

The knock on from the decision to play on with no grants & only the offer of loans will have ramifications down the line when the crisis is over.
FWIW, the Woking manage has said he will just play kids for the rest of the season if there is no relegation - which looks inevitable.
It's a farce, with obvious implications for L2 as the NL are still one short after Macc went bust. So possibly only 1 down again - Les might be hoping this is the case.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't think the Board running the National League are doing very well, nothing new there I appreciate. They said that there would be further grants, but DCMS have said that was never the case and the NL should not have told the Clubs that. I wonder of there will be a major shake up at the end of the season?

manc grecian

Isn't it going to turn into a farce if the teams at the bottom play youth teams?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
King's Lynn are saying they will continue to the end of February.

It's a farce.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Oldsmobile-88

manc grecian

Anybody who follows things a bit more closely tell me what's happened to Barnet?