• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Missing...

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
...On BBC1

Did anyone on here watch it? What did we make of the ending? Was that Russian lad at the end Ollie or did he really die?

I understand many on here won't have a clue what I'm talking about but after originally thinking I understood it, I confused myself on the ending after looking through comments from others on social media. So to confuse myself even more I thought I'd ask the watchers on exeweb(if there are any) what they understood the ending to be.

I need closure!!!(facepalm)

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I need closure!!!(facepalm)
Lol!
I can`t give you closure I`m afraid. As is their want my take is they have left the ending deliberately vague.
My guess is that he is still alive in Russia as the boy`s big eared figure was made in the snow on the car and the father approached the kids play park in a different direction from where the car was parked.
Good series though.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah the ending is left up to the viewer's interpretation.

I expect he was killed as that Romanian looked like he would kill his own mother to keep himself out of prison. Plus, surely Oliver would have recognised his father? He was five when he went missing so surely he would have said something in English. Whereas the 'Russian Oliver' looked very confused indeed.

Overall, it was the Fox's fault. I'm all for the hunt now....

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, that's how I saw it originally, Moomin.

The only think that affected my thinking was this. https://twitter.com/jackbenedwards/status/544990352982441984?lang=en-gb

In a previous episode they showed what Oliver would look like 8 years later and it is the spitting image of the Russian kid.

Such a chilling ending though. Hopefully the next series with the new plot is as good.

But yeah, that fox... What a careless individual.