• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

the Japanese people

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, the japs are a hard working resilient bunch who rarely complain.

Unlike the lazy lard arsed Brits who think the world owes them a favour.

If that sh*t had happened here, we'd be finished as there'd be bedlam from the outset.
I know where you are coming from but we Brits have a decent record of getting stuck in when our backs are really to the wall. We stood alone for a long while during WWII against Hitler and his thugs.

downthetrack

I know where you are coming from but we Brits have a decent record of getting stuck in when our backs are really to the wall. We stood alone for a long while during WWII against Hitler and his thugs.
different bread of people then ,times have change over 60 years.

Alistair20000

different bread of people then ,times have change over 60 years.
Times have indeed changed and I don't know how as a nation we would respond to a Nazi Germany type threat or major national emergency today.

But it seems the Japanese character hasn't changed and if we have changed for the worse why is that ?

downthetrack

Times have indeed changed and I don't know how as a nation we would respond to a Nazi Germany type threat or major national emergency today.

But it seems the Japanese character hasn't changed and if we have changed for the worse why is that ?
the loss of heavy industry would be one for me.ship building,coal mining,steel.but there's far more other issues

Alistair20000

the loss of heavy industry would be one for me.ship building,coal mining,steel.but there's far more other issues
That old working class man and woman displayed tremendous patriotism, energy and courage when the chips were down so I think you make a very good point.

Last edited:

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What we do at Christmas is not panic buying to the extent that nothing is left. I have a friend in Tokyo and she said the shelves were completely bare.
OK, maybe not at Christmas, but with the recent bad spell of weather we had this winter, I recall supermarkets running out of essentials and alot of this was down to panic buying, along with problems for deliveries getting to their destinations.

LOG

OK, maybe not at Christmas, but with the recent bad spell of weather we had this winter, I recall supermarkets running out of essentials and alot of this was down to panic buying, along with problems for deliveries getting to their destinations.
I'm not sure you can call it panic buying. It was, on the whole, stupid people who didn't want to go without chocolate for more than a day.

You cannot even begin to compare the situation some people in Japan now face with us having a bit of snow. They are buying to survive. People here were buying because they are selfish and greedy.

Mr Jinx

As long as the masses still get their Sky TV drip fed intravenously & Greggs remains open I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
On the other hand, and in defence of us Brits, look at the way London reacted to the 7/7 bombings - very proud of that reaction.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Let's face it, if floods hit our island, the shops would be emptied of anything that remained dry within hours................

However, if it was war, I think it'd be a totally different story.

The difference is, in Japan they would never even consider looting; over here, there would ALWAYS be at least one f*cking scrote that would decide he's taking what is owed to him anyway, irrespective of the situation.

I blame bad parenting personally; parents that don't give a f*ck about their kids will bring up kids that don't give a f*ck about anyone else.

You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to see that pattern developing.

Last edited: