• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Immigration Thread - Where do you stand whether it is illegal/legal immigration, immigratration past , present & future?

Radio Free Skaro

Here we are - The completely non-contentious immigration thread!

Let me kick off by an article in Today's Daily Telegraph

Higher immigration helps Britain avoid recession (msn.com) -

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do i really have to repat the mantra?

Mods, please put this under one of the other many threads. thanks.

Radio Free Skaro

Do i really have to repat the mantra?

Mods, please put this under one of the other many threads. thanks.
I think this this thread has enough legs to warrant exclusively .

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is immigration in its a broadest sense a contentious issue on here? 🤷‍♂️

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think this this thread has enough legs to warrant exclusively .
Given it's been on here for 24 hours and so few posts, suggests that that posters are not keen to post on the thread.

wiveygrecian

Well I will comment , do we really want 45,000 immigrants coming over every year. I certainly don’t! This country ain’t the biggest as it is . Should be some for sure but not that many

Radio Free Skaro

Why not? 45,000 doesnt seem that much to me out of a population of 70 million that's just 0.06%

Would you be opposed to these numbers if the population of the Uk was falling, or is just the fact that they are foreign that you don't like.

Radio Free Skaro

Well I will comment , do we really want 45,000 immigrants coming over every year. I certainly don’t! This country ain’t the biggest as it is . Should be some for sure but not that many
Why not? 45,000 doesnt seem that much to me out of a population of 70 million that's just 0.06%

Would you be opposed to these numbers if the population of the Uk was falling, or is just the fact that they are foreign that you don't like.

wiveygrecian

I’m opposed to them because we are a small country , haven’t got enough houses for our own . They can’t keep putting them up in hotels , holiday parks etc . It’s ridiculous. Not to mention when boat loads are just men . Families our ok if they are escaping countries that abuse them

Radio Free Skaro

I don't think it's an either or scenario, the homelessness in this country is a disgrace , but cuts to services such as Mental health /drugs & alchohol services/domestic abuse support exacerbate the problem.

Re immigraton I'm not saying that we should have open doors policy , but we should be doing our fair share and urging other countries to do the same!

Anyone who has travelled 1000s of miles, risking their lives to get here , deserves respect and a fair hearing .