• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Flouncing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
The beauty of Exeweb (for me anyway) is the sheer variety. There are serious Boards, and not so serious ones, and there is a huge abundance of posters from the wholly footie, to the "bit of everything", to the downright weird. I'm sure all people who read Exeweb find certain posters not their cup of tea, but surely unavoidable if you want to encourage variety ?. I've never used it but isn't there a function to block posts showing up if you don't like the style/content of the poster ?. I do think it's a bit off to single somebody out publicly that you don't like though, we probably all have posters we don't like but wouldn't do that ?, but ce la vi, it's a free country

StroudGrecian

I don’t believe for a minute that he won £800 on the 4-0 correct result in the last England match.
Don't you know?

Sometimes I wonder if you really are omnipresent and all-knowing.

Antony Moxey

Don't you know?

Sometimes I wonder if you really are omnipresent and all-knowing.
I'd say he was utterly bang on with his analysis of Silver Fox. If ever there was someone who's only reason for posting was to increase his post count the he's the one.

StroudGrecian

I'd say he was utterly bang on with his analysis of Silver Fox. If ever there was someone who's only reason for posting was to increase his post count the he's the one.
:) Moxey in humour bypass shock.

BTW, how did you get to 34k+ posts?

Antony Moxey

:) Moxey in humour bypass shock.

BTW, how did you get to 34k+ posts?
What was humorous in Silver Fox's posts? As to my post count, well I've been here for quite a while so its probably not as high per day as some. Besides, do you genuinely think I post on here to increase my count?

God

Everywhere, all at once. Pretty neat, huh?
The beauty of Exeweb (for me anyway) is the sheer variety. There are serious Boards, and not so serious ones, and there is a huge abundance of posters from the wholly footie, to the "bit of everything", to the downright weird. I'm sure all people who read Exeweb find certain posters not their cup of tea, but surely unavoidable if you want to encourage variety ?. I've never used it but isn't there a function to block posts showing up if you don't like the style/content of the poster ?. I do think it's a bit off to single somebody out publicly that you don't like though, we probably all have posters we don't like but wouldn't do that ?, but ce la vi, it's a free country
I like variety myself; hence why I introduced so much Fauna and Flora into the World.

What I don't like is vacuous, boring, sometimes illiterate Posts that say absolutely nothing of interest.

I know you are a friend of his so you are exhibiting what the vast majority of football fans do - You have no impartiality.

You take your blinkers off and tell me what Silver Fox adds to Exeweb.

I'd go further and say he is the reason why many have given up posting on here.

contrabombarde

Not harsh enough, in my opinion.

He gave the impression that he was brilliant at working out obscure footballer’s names in anagram form only to be found out to have cheated all along by using a certain website.
I don’t believe for a minute that he won £800 on the 4-0 correct result in the last England match.

He posts inane rubbish everyday as regards what processed food he’s had just to increase his post count and then makes the same post on the ‘What are you doing?’ thread.

He drags up 2+ week old threads just to ask ‘How’s it going?’

When he does venture onto WOWS his posts include ‘Any team news yet?’ at midday on a matchday; ‘How many City are there?’ an hour before kick off; ‘Anyone know how Villa got on today?’ (Er, can’t you quickly go onto the BBC Sports page?); ‘You going next week, pal?’ (Take it to PM).

It’s just a continuous flow of utter useless posts but then, like football, it’s all about opinions and that’s mine.
This comes over as a very vindictive post God and I tend to agree with everything Avening Posse has said and yes you can always press the ignore button.
While on the topic of opinions I feel that some people may too be offended by your avatar. Man was made in the image of God so presumably God has a sense of humour too, so I'll let that one go.
On the occasions that I have met Foxy I have found him to be a very likeable and warm person.

Alistair20000

Foxy has got to nearly 9,000 posts in under 18 months while the Moxster has taken nearly 11 years to crawl to his 34,550. This suggests that Foxy is far more "productive" :S

God

Everywhere, all at once. Pretty neat, huh?
This comes over as a very vindictive post God and I tend to agree with everything Avening Posse has said and yes you can always press the ignore button.
While on the topic of opinions I feel that some people may too be offended by your avatar. Man was made in the image of God so presumably God has a sense of humour too, so I'll let that one go.
On the occasions that I have met Foxy I have found him to be a very likeable and warm person.
Like I posted above; Take your blinkers off as we are discussing this person as a poster on Exeweb and not in Real Life.

As Alistair has alluded to. If Silver Fox had joined and posted since Mr Moxey registered then he would be on about 100,438 posts.

Avening Posse

I like variety myself; hence why I introduced so much Fauna and Flora into the World.

What I don't like is vacuous, boring, sometimes illiterate Posts that say absolutely nothing of interest.

I know you are a friend of his so you are exhibiting what the vast majority of football fans do - You have no impartiality.

You take your blinkers off and tell me what Silver Fox adds to Exeweb.

I'd go further and say he is the reason why many have given up posting on here.
Yep, you are correct in that I know Silver Fox. That's not really relevant to what I posted though. I get that you don't like his posts, and no doubt there are others who post who don't flick your switch either, and I'll bet that's the same for everybody probably. Certainly is for me. My point was why say it, especially once banned so cannot reply himself ?, but clearly up to you. Others might think it "boring or vacuous" though, and there again others may not. Beauty of Exeweb :)

Status
Not open for further replies.