• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeweb Open II

GJW

Final Scoreboard:

Manc Grecian - 98
Swanaldo - 83
Joey Junior - 72
Joey - 70
Flat Cap - 68
and this year's winner:
Brian Moore - 67

Special prizes:
Longest Drive - Manc Grecian
Deepest Dive - Manc Grecian
Longest Skive - Barmy Grecian

Photos to follow.
Why didn’t Manc win if he had the most points? by a long way as well. He must be really good. I don’t really understand golf. Is there a thread on the original game?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't even remember playing I was that good

iscalad

I don't even remember playing I was that drunk
Amended for factuals

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will the course re-open or is it now off to be housing?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
There you go, Lez
yeah just read through it

wonder if others would be interested doing it again

Colesman Ballz

Will the course re-open or is it now off to be housing?
ECC had plans to self it off for housing, only to discover that it was impossible under planning law. So plan B is to hand it over to the Wildlife Trust to do their thing and manage it at zero cost to the Council. It has been closed and is now being still used as access and storage for the ongoing flood prevention works. If we kick up a fuss with Sport England (South West) about the loss of the sporting facility, then SE would have to put in an objection to any plaInning application for change of use. I am therefore of the opinion that it could still be saved. Get writing folks !

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
ECC had plans to self it off for housing, only to discover that it was impossible under planning law. So plan B is to hand it over to the Wildlife Trust to do their thing and manage it at zero cost to the Council. It has been closed and is now being still used as access and storage for the ongoing flood prevention works. If we kick up a fuss with Sport England (South West) about the loss of the sporting facility, then SE would have to put in an objection to any plaInning application for change of use. I am therefore of the opinion that it could still be saved. Get writing folks !
is that true? send me the email

Colesman Ballz

is that true? send me the email
Have attempted to send you a PM with my phone no, but it seems that exeweb blocks me from doing that ! It's a bit of a complicated story. Sport England are tasked to prevent the loss of any sporting provision, unless it is replaced by an equal or better provision, that is equally or better accessible. They do this by raising objections through the planning process. Once there is an objection the Council will not be able to grant permission. I think that there is likely to have to be an application for Change of Use, and this brings up a whole plethora of problems and necessary compliance for the Council. The redevelopment plans for the County Ground nearly collapsed based on SE objections. If a few speedway fans had known and sent objections in to SE there would either have still been a track there or a replacement facility quickly materialise elsewhere or no houses ! I discovered this by using "freedom of information" access to go through the planning application file at the Council Offices some years ago. It was also interesting over what wasn't in the file over SE's eventual withdrawal of their objection, no letters, no file notes on phone conversations, no meeting minutes, zilch !

Anyway happy to have a phone conversation with you if we can find a way. I not sure what details that you hold on me from my joining Exeweb. My address and landline are still current, although mobile no has changed.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Have attempted to send you a PM with my phone no, but it seems that exeweb blocks me from doing that ! It's a bit of a complicated story. Sport England are tasked to prevent the loss of any sporting provision, unless it is replaced by an equal or better provision, that is equally or better accessible. They do this by raising objections through the planning process. Once there is an objection the Council will not be able to grant permission. I think that there is likely to have to be an application for Change of Use, and this brings up a whole plethora of problems and necessary compliance for the Council. The redevelopment plans for the County Ground nearly collapsed based on SE objections. If a few speedway fans had known and sent objections in to SE there would either have still been a track there or a replacement facility quickly materialise elsewhere or no houses ! I discovered this by using "freedom of information" access to go through the planning application file at the Council Offices some years ago. It was also interesting over what wasn't in the file over SE's eventual withdrawal of their objection, no letters, no file notes on phone conversations, no meeting minutes, zilch !

Anyway happy to have a phone conversation with you if we can find a way. I not sure what details that you hold on me from my joining Exeweb. My address and landline are still current, although mobile no has changed.
ill pm you mate