• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The EFL Whole Game "Solution"

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
One definition of a "Solution" is where something solid is mixed with a liquid until it is no longer visible.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Taggy's view according to the Beeb:

Exeter City chairman Julian Tagg: "People were very uncomfortable with it, and as a result were watching very carefully and trying to understand the nuances and reasoning behind it.

"Many fans across the country didn't like the idea of change and I think that was the same with our club. I think there'll be a little bit of a sigh of relief.

"As you go down the pyramid the more you're reliant on your gate receipts, unless you have some kind of philanthropic chairman who's going to throw money in, which we don't."

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
One definition of a "Solution" is where something solid is mixed with a liquid until it is no longer visible.
Having not been able to see it earlier I can now see it. Solution resolved.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Having not been able to see it earlier I can now see it. Solution resolved.
I was going to steam in with something that would clearly have been classified as "Joke Explained".

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Here's Taggy's view according to the Beeb:
Exeter City chairman Julian Tagg: "People were very uncomfortable with it, and as a result were watching very carefully and trying to understand the nuances and reasoning behind it.

"Many fans across the country didn't like the idea of change and I think that was the same with our club. I think there'll be a little bit of a sigh of relief.

"As you go down the pyramid the more you're reliant on your gate receipts, unless you have some kind of philanthropic chairman who's going to throw money in, which we don't."

I am happy, for once, to wholeheartedly completely agree with comrade "Napoleon".

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Surely Harvey's position as EFL CEO is now untenable?

iscalad

Goodbye, Good Riddance.

andrew p long

Surely Harvey's position as EFL CEO is now untenable?
No,of course not, his far sighted and imaginative solutions were thwarted by the blinkered FA and the rest of us who seemed to think that FA Cup ties should be played at the weekend and not shifted to Tuesdays.

(facepalm)

Frankly the incompetent jokers at the top of the EFL were also responsible for the farce that is the former JPT. If they had any shame they would have gone long ago.

They are,however, shameless.

I've often thought it would've just been easier to just kinda promote all conference national and that just moving that and league 2 about until they north and south divided and cut travel costs and the need to have such long mid week travel. Would appear to be much simpler solution than what EFL proposed then have north and south division of the conference geographically split divisions feed into their league counterpart with3 up and down.