• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The EFL Trophy - Thoughts?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Okay Hants I'll bite: You know full well that Tagg voted for the proposals off his own bat without ANY consultation with the club board, trust board, or anyone else. I thought at the very least he would have stood down as chairman, but the only thing to come out of Taggs 'oversight' is that in future, a member of the trust will be privvy to decisions such as this disaster so that it doesnt happen again.
Oh, do give it up. This daft trophy is NOT Tagg's fault. Do you expect all the other club chairmen who didn't have time to consult their boards, and voted yes, should resign?

PeteUSA

Oh, do give it up. This daft trophy is NOT Tagg's fault. Do you expect all the other club chairmen who didn't have time to consult their boards, and voted yes, should resign?
Is there really any need to mark my card when we've got for more serious issues to deal with regarding the existance of the club? Christ! Who's side are you on?

iscalad

Is there really any need to mark my card when we've got for more serious issues to deal with regarding the existance of the club? Christ! Who's side are you on?
I'm on the side of the club I support.

PeteUSA

I'm on the side of the club I support.
So I take it that you consider everything in the garden is rosy?

iscalad

So I take it that you consider everything in the garden is rosy?
Yep, just love to watch my team every couple of weeks or so. How do you support the team? Yes, I know you are in the good ol' USA.

andrew p long

City are playing so I give a toss about it. Doesn't mean I support the b team part of it, but with 10k a game prize money that could help us.

Riley-Lowe and Olejnik probably don't need a rest as well.
If its only five starters from today needed then here's a possible line up!

Oleynik
Egan Sweeney Brown CRL
Taylor Butterfield Byrne Oakley Grant
McAlinden

Ashford Grecian

Thinking of going along Tuesday, what do we think the Grecian support may total?

Avening Posse

Thinking of going along Tuesday, what do we think the Grecian support may total?
I'd be pretty surprised if it was more than 100, I personally don't know many who have told me they are going from the ones I know who do a lot of aways

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Tisdale might think the boycott has started early (rofl)

Seriously will be interesting to see how much lower the crowd will be than normal for the trophy. Reckon it would have been somewhere between two and three thousand if it had been last season.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Tisdale might think the boycott has started early (rofl)

Seriously will be interesting to see how much lower the crowd will be than normal for the trophy. Reckon it would have been somewhere between two and three thousand if it had been last season.
I'm not so sure, these games have been notoriously ill attended over the years until we have progressed a bit, but I think this year the new format etc will have a big impact. It just seems to have gone from a straightforward knock out competition that was seen as an interesting distraction, to some kind of experimental FA thing for the benefit of big clubs, and I'm not sure too many punters of lower league clubs are too interested in that ?, I guess time will tell