• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Charlton Athletic v Exeter City Match day Thread

Important game tonight, confident of at least a point (fingers crossed).

ECFC89

I'm amazed anyone is confident tonight, mind you I certainly fall into the pessimistic category.

Think team that scores first will win, glass half full going for a 1 nil win to the grecians, our goal coming from a Yanic attack…UTC!!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see us getting anything from this tonight. GC will have had little time on the training ground to address the issues from Saturday and we're still short on numbers. 2-0 defeat incoming.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ifollow for me tonight. I so hope we're capable of giving them a game.

Preview of the match

tom_ecfc

Hiding behind the pillow for this one. Alfie May odds on to score.

Head says 2-3 loss ☹
Heart says 3-2 win 🤩

Grecianpasty

Regardless of form, this will still be a tough game. I expect at the very least an improvement from Saturday picking up a point in the process. Mitchell, Scott and Watts the front three. Although I feel he will use Watts as an infamous 'finisher".

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't see anything other than a defeat tonight, sadly.

I'll wait to see if Cox is starting before deciding whether to purchase ifollow.

JW57++

Disappointed that I cannot get to this game tonight, but it might be a relief. Head says a 3 goal defeat. Heart is not expecting a result either, unfortunately.
Would love to be wrong.
Despite the defeat, this was a very entertaining fixture last year.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
With lack of strikers and continued injuries the best I am hoping for is a 0-0 - would certainly settle for that

UTC