• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Bonus EACQ thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
As explained in the main thread, this thread will be for any recycled clues. Entrance fee to this thread is 2 x Spot Roys which will be removed from your stock of Spot Roys on entry, but once you're in you stay in, until you answer a question correctly, when you'll be given the points for the answer (and workings) but will have to leave the Bonus EACQ thread.

Capiche?

Swanaldo

Just about 😵

Was this sub-thread a machination of Alistair20000's invention from a previous year? I do like to see such traditions carried on.

fred binneys head

Just about 😵

Was this sub-thread a machination of Alistair20000's invention from a previous year? I do like to see such traditions carried on.
Very much so. My rules might be slightly different from Al's but it was his innovation.

iscalad

Very much so. My rules might be slightly different from Al's but it was his innovation.
There are different rules every year?...Good Grief....🥶

Alistair20000

My innovation was in turn a slightly different iteration of an innovation introduced by the Spoonzmeister.

A blend of tradition and careful innovation is good I think

fred binneys head

We have the first clue transferred over from the main quiz, the first question of the quiz: Q1A

1701504276136.png

fred binneys head

I know no-one is currently able to enter this thread and score points but, to give you a bit of thinking time as you wait to receive your Spot Roys, I will give you a little clue.

The clue is: I've already given you some clues.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mr Quizmater,

Rule clarification if I may :

Do the spot roys entitle the owner to unlimited guesses at a question or do 2 Roys =1 Guess

Thank you in advance

fred binneys head

Mr Quizmater,

Rule clarification if I may :

Do the spot roys entitle the owner to unlimited guesses at a question or do 2 Roys =1 Guess

Thank you in advance
Unlimited. Once you’re in, you’re in. You can guess as many times as you like. You only leave when you get an answer right.

fred binneys head

I’ve a feeling I might need to give some more clues for Q1A as it’s a really tough one (hence a Fiendish). But not yet.