• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The best game ever

cameraman

Was this the best game ever in the BSP, albeit over 2 legs.
In spite of Oxfords 10.000 + gate the other day, I doubt the atmosphere could have been as good as this.
The BSP is a lesser league now that the 'Devon Clubs' have moved on.

http://www.xhaltonbrat65.com/BestGameEver.html

Red the Paper

Banned
The Oxford away leg was far better in every respect

JamieEcfc

The Oxford away leg was far better in every respect
Agree Definatly, Torquay Away was class though still to this day it still has the same effect when i watch the vids [y]

Darth

Argyle 3-0 away...next question

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
That game in Oxford was far and away the best City game I have ever been to.

Thames Valley Red

Sorry folks the Argyle 3 nil was massive for us and the Barn Park End rocked. We faced bile and abuse all afternoon, at half time they tried to invade the away end. BUT we battered them that day on their own pitch. Made better by being kept in 30 minutes for them to leave the car parks, they fought with the Police after the match. We just kept singing in the away end.

Then leaving via the Old Lyndhurst Stand with Westcountry TV on the pitch. Under the roof with the ground empty the City hoardes gave it the big one! It was heard on the TV interviews after the game.

Oxford was good but beating your local rivals is much sweeter!

UTC

TVR

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best game ever in the BSP?

Not sure but a great game certainly and thanks for the video cameraman. Nice to see it from a different angle to the Setanta footage - which I have watched again and again....:$:)

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was this the best game ever in the BSP, albeit over 2 legs.
In spite of Oxfords 10.000 + gate the other day, I doubt the atmosphere could have been as good as this.
The BSP is a lesser league now that the 'Devon Clubs' have moved on.

http://www.xhaltonbrat65.com/BestGameEver.html
didnt go but saw it on telly. certainly up there as one of the best games ive seen

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know in my heart.......

;)

Jersey Tone

Sorry folks the Argyle 3 nil was massive for us and the Barn Park End rocked. We faced bile and abuse all afternoon, at half time they tried to invade the away end. BUT we battered them that day on their own pitch. Made better by being kept in 30 minutes for them to leave the car parks, they fought with the Police after the match. We just kept singing in the away end.

Then leaving via the Old Lyndhurst Stand with Westcountry TV on the pitch. Under the roof with the ground empty the City hoardes gave it the big one! It was heard on the TV interviews after the game.

Oxford was good but beating your local rivals is much sweeter!

UTC

TVR
Absolutely!!! They were seething that day, glad the fences were there. When Johnny Hodge rolled in the 3rd I thought the Barn Park End was going to collapse (even though it was made of concrete terracing!!!). What made it sweeter was that after we smashed them on Boxing Day, Shilton said that it would be different when we played the return down at Home Park. How right he was!!