• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
St Gary can then set up his own TV/wireless company to broadcast his views whether political of otherwise.
He has: http://www.goalhangerfilms.com/

haka

Given all these problems of interpretation time to bin off the BBC ?
There's a very enjoyable book called "The Last Days of the Beeb", by Michael Leapman. It was published in 1986.

The BBC has been doomed for 100 years. And probably the next 100. Like Test cricket.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's made it up. The BBC guidelines do, expressly, state:

Lineker's lack of contrition suggests to me that he, and his legal team, are very confident he hasn't gone beyond what his contract allows. The fact that Tim Davie has spoken of him in glowing terms, and says that he wants him back in the fold ASAP, would seem to support this assertion.

Then again, perhaps Tavy and Jinx have sight of Gary's contract and know otherwise lol.
Why be accurate and reasoned about it when you can take on a personal crusade as a culture-war warrior?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a very enjoyable book called "The Last Days of the Beeb", by Michael Leapman. It was published in 1986.

The BBC has been doomed for 100 years. And probably the next 100. Like Test cricket.
And salad cream.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the best way for a govt not to look like 1930s Germany is to close down the national broadcast service.

;)

angelic upstart

And salad cream.
Underated sauce that. When I was a kid I'd have the for lunch on toast in the summer holidays as my ma couldn't afford anything else for us. Which is weird because we never had central heating either so you'd have thought she'd have been dripping in cash.

Grecian2K

Underated sauce that.
Unlike most of Tavy or Jigzy's assertions on here which are generally from "unreliable sauces"!

DB9

And replace it with what? Sky, UKTV? Seriously I can't understand the problem with the BBC, If its not for you don't watch it, As for the licence, There seems to me there are an awful lot of people who don't pay it and they're not filling up prisons. Or its not the BBC they have a problem with per say, It's just BBC News type stuff?

arthur

Why be accurate and reasoned about it when you can take on a personal crusade as a culture-war warrior?
I think Tavy could benefit from some quiet time spent reading Alistair's treatise on holes and how to stop digging them..

Alistair20000

Appears not to include political comments