• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The attitude in the club shop today

What do you think of the ECFC shop experience (on- and off-line)?

• Is good! Thumbs up!

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • It's OK.

Votes: 71 29.5%
  • Is bad. Must do better

Votes: 102 42.3%
  • No opinion/Haven't used it enough

Votes: 29 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southchard_grecian

I totally agree with the comments made concerning Andy Gillard to add that he even telephoned us to confirm some details on playoff tickets last year when he just happened to spot our names and rang to check a possible mistake so there are positives to come from this thread id like to add that im also willing to have my details forwarded to the club in regards to our earlier posting , working in sales I know how important customers are as they pay my wages I think this has been forgotten somewhere along the lines in the shop

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The poll seems fairly conclusive to me...

Must do better.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
(Sorry Log for breaking the confidential rule as well)

I voted 'OK'.

I felt the option 'Bad, must do better' was a bit harsh, as every time I've gone in the Club Shop I've come away with what I went in there for.
However, I've left most times with a foul taste in my mouth. When customers give you money, surely you should be grateful? Not give the customer the opinion that they are such a drain on your vital time and energy?

IMHO There should have been a middle choice, "OK but must do better".

I'm sure if there was, Grecianite's argument would now look very lame.
Not sure about "grateful" but agree with your post, and know what you're saying. Sums up my thoughts, and experience too.

AndyR

I voted 'OK'.....

However, I've left most times with a foul taste in my mouth. When customers give you money, surely you should be grateful? Not give the customer the opinion that they are such a drain on your vital time and energy?
Don't want to make light of a very serious thread, but Red Lion's post above made I larf. I know what you mean Red Lion but let's say that your vote looks to have been er.....very charitable!

Swanaldo

I am sorely tempted to show this thread to some people who have no connection with ECFC or Exeweb and see what conclusions they draw. I fear I already know the answer though.....

Kingsman

Though there is no excuse for bad attitude I think its unfair to criticise those who do not have a chance to reply. I mean do we know if the staff have training or appraisals, what are their working conditions like, do they have good stock control and financial systems. Do they work hours beyond what is contracted? Anyone know I certainly dont.

exeweb

Administrator
Though there is no excuse for bad attitude I think its unfair to criticise those who do not have a chance to reply. I mean do we know if the staff have training or appraisals, what are their working conditions like, do they have good stock control and financial systems. Do they work hours beyond what is contracted? Anyone know I certainly dont.
Fair question, Kingsman.

That's why I'll just hand the information over to the club and whoever is responsible for the shop can make their own decisions and/or judgements. If the poll (and supporting comments) were to suggest that 25% of people thought that the club shop must do better, those involved will know whether there is any training or appraisal system in place and whether that may make a difference.

There may already be some plan in place - I don't know. It just seemed that this was an opportunity to harness the power of exeweb.com for the benefit of the club. What they choose to do with the information is up to them. But the more votes there are on the poll, the more likely - I should think - that the club will do something about it.

Antony Moxey

Why does this thread keep appearing as unread? Is it because of people voting, because it certainly isn't because of people adding new posts.

Fareham Grecian

All I know is that Andy Gillard is a legend. If I ever have a complaint, I e-mail him directly and always get a good resolution.

It is unfortunate that I have to contact somebody who is no doubt rushed off his feet already, but my experience is that other routes just do not work.
And think how much good stuff he could be doing if he wasn't spending so much time sorting out problems caused by others!

I have no direct experience of the shop but surely we have enough grounds for concern on this thread. Some of the anecdotes are truly shocking, and there are far too many to be dismissed as the work of a few people with axes to grind. As people who work in retail have said, any outlet in a true commercial organisation that was running at around 50% satisfaction levels (and that seems to be on the charitable side judging by some of the posts) would be challenged/sorted pretty quickly.

fred binneys head

47% against.

No looking too good is it?
Don't forget approx. 11% are responding with the "no opinion" option therefore the % of customers who are responding to service received is actually 52% saying "bad, must do better".

Even a company in a monopoly position as ECFC are should be concerned about that and do what is necessary to address it.