• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The 2009 Grand National

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've got L'Ami each way - on the dubious grounds that it sounds like Lammie :)

Geddon Lammie bauy...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
just been watching the national reply ... very bizarre ending .. any one of 12 could have won prior to the 3rd last .. mon mome was only mentioned after the melling road ..

Yeovilgrecian

I backed Mon Mome but it was last year when it finished tenth.............b*ll*cks

newburygrecian

I backed Mon Mome but it was last year when it finished tenth.............b*ll*cks
I did the same with Hedgehunter a few years back...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
i saw mon mome lose to kilbeggan blade at towcester 3 months ago so i went with kilbeggan !!

How do you not win at towcester then stroll up at aintree ?

Dr Hook

Me too & none of mine made the frame this year. It wasn't all bad, my mammy remembered I mentioned Mon Mome to her last year & said it was a factor in her having £2 each way on it this year.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
i saw mon mome lose to kilbeggan blade at towcester 3 months ago so i went with kilbeggan !!

How do you not win at towcester then stroll up at aintree ?
Off the top of my head, the race at Towcester was a 3m novice hurdle.

That being the case, it ain't really comparable with a 4m 4f race over the biggest fences in the business and you wouldn't want to read too much into the form of it.

That said, jockey bookings suggest the Venetia Williams' stable fancied Stan, which was ridden by the very highly regarded Aaron Coleman, rather more than Mon Mome, which was ridden by the very under-rated Liam Treadwell.

I backed Comply Or Die. :-(

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
If I'd have joined 2 weeks ago I'd have shared Mon Mome as my nap! Saw it was in the race on the friday, and i had seen the horse earlier in the season and was very impressed with how it looked and jumped. was astonished that it slipped under the radar like it did. best fiver each way ill ever place!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Off the top of my head, the race at Towcester was a 3m novice hurdle.

That being the case, it ain't really comparable with a 4m 4f race over the biggest fences in the business and you wouldn't want to read too much into the form of it.

That said, jockey bookings suggest the Venetia Williams' stable fancied Stan, which was ridden by the very highly regarded Aaron Coleman, rather more than Mon Mome, which was ridden by the very under-rated Liam Treadwell.

I backed Comply Or Die. :-(
Was at towcester again on Sunday ... Mon mome was there soaking up the plaudits .. venetia williams was saying over the tannoy that Mome needed a run out and was far better for it ...