• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Sunday ?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
What do we think ?

Pym
Stacey JMT Brown Woodman
Wheeler Harley Taylor Holmes
Watkins Reid

I'd like to see Ampadu but seems unlikely (school etc)

What do others think ?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd probably like to see the same line up as you, AP. Would be surprised to see Stacey though as he's seemed to be frozen out of late.

Think I read someone on the supporters Facebook group saying that Ethan had an exam on Monday which probably rules him out of playing any part.

PeteUSA

Olejnik in goal? Wouldnt surprise me, particularly if he's trained well.

Avening Posse

I'd probably like to see the same line up as you, AP. Would be surprised to see Stacey though as he's seemed to be frozen out of late.

Think I read someone on the supporters Facebook group saying that Ethan had an exam on Monday which probably rules him out of playing any part.
6 hours revision on the way up and another 6 hours on the way back, should pass with flying colours :)

IndoMike

What do we think ?

Pym
Stacey JMT Brown Woodman
Wheeler Harley Taylor Holmes
Watkins Reid

I'd like to see Ampadu but seems unlikely (school etc)

What do others think ?

Would be happy with that team, but doubt it very much. It will be something weird and wonderful to confuse Carlisle and our own players. James is a Tizzy favorite and is bound to play. He likes Sweeny so he will play. Having said all that, we'll probably win. Really hope we can bring back a 2 goal lead. COYR!

Last edited:

Joshyd123

Pym
Brown Ampadu JMT
Stacey Taylor James Harley
Wheeler Reid Watkins

Subs - Bobby, Sweeney, Woodman, Grant, McAlinden, Holmes and Oakley

Avening Posse

Would be happy with that team, but doubt it very much. It will be something weird and wonderful to confuse Carlisle and our own players. James is a Tizzy favorite and is bound to play. He likes Sweeny so he will play. Having said all that, we'll probably win. Really hope we can bring back a 2 goal lead. COYR!
I'm quite keen on Sweeney too, but only as a CB, but Brown and JMT appear to be the best pair together. Along with everybody else totally confused why he plays Sweeney ahead of Stacey as a right back

IndoMike

I'm quite keen on Sweeney too, but only as a CB, but Brown and JMT appear to be the best pair together. Along with everybody else totally confused why he plays Sweeney ahead of Stacey as a right back
It is strange, isn't it? With no Stacy our attack is diminished and certainly our defense isn't strengthened. We have to believe that there is a special reason for Tiz to do this, since surely he wouldn't cut off his own nose to spite himself. But God knows what that reason could be.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
^^^0Could be wrong indo but Think its flexibilty, he likes it that he can change the defences shape around without having to bring anyone off the bench

IndoMike

^^^0Could be wrong indo but Think its flexibilty, he likes it that he can change the defences shape around without having to bring anyone off the bench
Yeah, I get the squad thing, Bondy, but Stacy is better than Sweeny. Isn't that the point? Saving Stacy the last 10 games.....for what?

Last edited: