• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Monday vs Colchester

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
So you'd drop Williams and wouldn't play Richardson.
Where did I say I was dropping Williams? You really need to learn to read what is actually written. And no, I wouldn't play Richardson until learns to use his left foot to some kind of level beyond standing on it.

IndoMike

Where did I say I was dropping Williams? You really need to learn to read what is actually written. And no, I wouldn't play Richardson until learns to use his left foot to some kind of level beyond standing on it.
So.you don"t like Richardson on the right wing cos he can't use his left foot and you don't like Williams on the right wing cos he can't use his right foot. Haha! The problem is not understanding your words : the problem is the content : usually a load of old bull

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bit like Ollie who admitted in his interview that he did not turn up at the Wembley final Williams for reasons best known only to himself did not turn up last night. Nicky Law didn’t have his best game either and to my mind Matt Jay was our most effective player. That said I would still start with both Williams and Law.

IndoMike

A bit like Ollie who admitted in his interview that he did not turn up at the Wembley final Williams for reasons best known only to himself did not turn up last night. Nicky Law didn’t have his best game either and to my mind Matt Jay was our most effective player. That said I would still start with both Williams and Law.
Hopefully just rustiness, SB

The deluder

Anybody in the team but Dickensian. He gave the goal away. Deano is much better.

STURTZ

Load of pressure on Williams, Sky were looking for a star man to over hype in the Exeter team and picked on him. Don't think he did badly, underprotected but he still got balls into the box with little support or players actually in the box to get it to. Another midfield player than spent more time in our half than theirs. Probably a bit rusty but not our worst player by a long shot. As Public Enemy said, don't beleive the hype!

grecIAN Harris

So.you don"t like Richardson on the right wing cos he can't use his left foot and you don't like Williams on the right wing cos he can't use his right foot. Haha! The problem is not understanding your words : the problem is the content : usually a load of old bull
You really are a senile old pratt. You read what you want to read. I expect you only hear what you want to hear when missus talks to you aswell.

IndoMike

You really are a senile old pratt. You read what you want to read. I expect you only hear what you want to hear when missus talks to you aswell.
Poor old Harris. Can't deal with a simple question. Don't embarrass yourself.
You said you don't like Richardson on the right cos he can't use his left foot and you don't like Williams on the right cos he can't use his right foot. Clearly that doesn't make sense.
I know it's difficult for you to explain so it's normal that you should resort to insults.
The fact is that you don't really know what you're talking about. I just laugh off your other comments : they're just a sign that you've lost the argument (as usual).

grecIAN Harris

Poor old Harris. Can't deal with a simple question. Don't embarrass yourself.
You said you don't like Richardson on the right cos he can't use his left foot and you don't like Williams on the right cos he can't use his right foot. Clearly that doesn't make sense.
I know it's difficult for you to explain so it's normal that you should resort to insults.
The fact is that you don't really know what you're talking about. I just laugh off your other comments : they're just a sign that you've lost the argument (as usual).
No, I said I don't rate Richardson because he is so one footed, where he plays is irrelevant. All the good work he does is very often undone because he literally cannot kick a ball with his left foot. As pro footballer, that is criminal.
As for Williams, that's old ground. I'd prefer him on the left because I still maintain he'd be more dynamic and maintain a better form rather than having to chop back the majority of the time. And I say majority because, as I had commented before, he had started to improve his delivery with his right foot and his crosses with said right foot we're getting beyond the first defender that he hit with amazing regularity previously. Wherever he plays on Monday, he still needs a rocket up his arse to improve yesterday's performance which to me looked lax and disinterested.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Does anyone know whether there are any different rules regarding subs should the tie go to extra time. If We are behind in the tie during the second half we will need to consider making changes to make use of as many attacking options as possible, however if we use our allocation of subs and then level the tie we will presumeably have to cope in extra time with the eleven on the pitch which makes things tough.

Ideally we need to get ahead in the first half so that we can be positive but not have to chase the game too much. Colchester if they can preserve their advantage maybe able to wait longer to make changes which may make them fresher if extra time is needed. It's a tricky decision for managers how many subs to make and when.

Very hard to guess or pick a team without knowing who has the most energy and sharpness. Would be surprised if ward is dropped but who knows? If ajose has some fitness expect he maybe on the bench. Think we need to control the midfield so would go atangana Collins and law. Up front maybe start Seymour with bowman and get williams high up the pitch. A back four including whoever is fittest of sparkes Dickerson or Richardson as the fourth man with license to get forwards to leave a back three while we are attacking. This may have some flaws but trying to get as much pace into the side as possible. We need to try to get it wide and get balls in behind them.

Will hope we can put up a good performance and cause them some problems. With ninty minutes to pull back one goal we can definitely do it. If we fail then so be it, but somehow we must leave nothing in reserve. Considering the final should only happen after Monday if we make it.