• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tattoos - Like or loathe ?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm too good-lookin' already. Why cover it up?

grecIAN Harris

Don't like them at all. The bigger they are the worse they look on a bloke and God only knows why any woman thinks she looks attractive with one.

Terryhall

I'm a fan. I've got a few. First two when I was 18 / 19 respectively, and seriously regretted (and still do) the second one. The first one I also regretted until about 11 years ago when I (finally) got my third done (this time I waited til I'd wanted it done for 10 years and not changed my mind... and went to a really good place in Zürich to get it done) - which also served as a "cover" of the first (and which I therefore no longer regret as its nicely incorporated into this one and the combined two work really well).

So 11 years on and still debating my fourth which would be to do something similar with the remaining bad / regretful one. The problem being I keep changing my mind on whether on not I want it to loop into the other one or not (part of me thinks the one big one would work well, part of me doesn't want to wreck the one I'm happy with for the sake of trying to fix the one I'm not.)

As for "when I get old it'll look crap", I don't expect to look like a 20 year old when I'm 70, and my tattoos will grow and age with the rest of me. I'm very happy with that, thanks.

IndoMike

I'm a fan. I've got a few. First two when I was 18 / 19 respectively, and seriously regretted (and still do) the second one. The first one I also regretted until about 11 years ago when I (finally) got my third done (this time I waited til I'd wanted it done for 10 years and not changed my mind... and went to a really good place in Zürich to get it done) - which also served as a "cover" of the first (and which I therefore no longer regret as its nicely incorporated into this one and the combined two work really well).

So 11 years on and still debating my fourth which would be to do something similar with the remaining bad / regretful one. The problem being I keep changing my mind on whether on not I want it to loop into the other one or not (part of me thinks the one big one would work well, part of me doesn't want to wreck the one I'm happy with for the sake of trying to fix the one I'm not.)

As for "when I get old it'll look crap", I don't expect to look like a 20 year old when I'm 70, and my tattoos will grow and age with the rest of me. I'm very happy with that, thanks.
But the rest of you will shrink, not grow, and those tatoos will be hangin' from your bones ....

Early Bath

I got married whilst in the RN, my darling late wife threatened to divorce me if I ever got a tattoo. Safe to say the marriage survived and I completed 24 years service without a tattoo.

IndoMike

I got married whilst in the RN, my darling late wife threatened to divorce me if I ever got a tattoo. Safe to say the marriage survived and I completed 24 years service without a tattoo.
She was right. Glad to hear your marriage survived, too.

Mr Jinx

Loathe them. What you think may look cool today will probably look stupid in 5 to 10 years. Remember the tramp stamp?

IndoMike

If people want to look dirty why don't they just not shower for a month - and it's cheaper.

edindevon

I went to school with someone who ended up getting 'F--- the Law' tattooed on his forehead. I last saw him many moons ago in Tiverton job centre, sporting a fairly ridiculous looking fringe.

Oldsmobile-88

A sign in the tattoo parlour in Torquay always made me smile..

I do NOT tattoo men’s names on a woman ! And yes I am Sexist !

He was a strange cat at times,but a good tattoo artist with quite a waiting list for his work.