• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

tannoy

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: The Loudspeaker System

We're on our 3rd announcer this season why? also if you were in the OG toilets you could hear it better from in there than outside.
The acoustics in the OG bogs are known to be on a par with the Albert Hall....In fact, they were the preferred concert venue for the Devon Philharmonic in years gone by.

contrabombarde

The acoustics in the OG bogs are known to be on a par with the Albert Hall....In fact, they were the preferred concert venue for the Devon Philharmonic in years gone by.
That must be why I saw a big organ in there then.

Grecian2K

That must be why I saw a big organ in there then.
Along a small pair of maracas?

paperclip

Yes, it was dire - perhaps we need an appeal to replace them?
I am sure one of our board members who likes to make the odd comment to the media used to own a company that hired out PAs and tannoys etc, perhaps he could sort the club out something at a preferential rate???

older-codger

At about 2:30 I commented how loud the sound was from the Flybe then half way through the first team announcement of the City team (it was loud for the Wombles) it dropped and there was nothing you could hear after that. It was almost as if whoever operates the mixer in the sound room had dropped all of the sliders to zero. I don't see how the volume can vary so much other than from the mixer.

Avening Posse

At about 2:30 I commented how loud the sound was from the Flybe then half way through the first team announcement of the City team (it was loud for the Wombles) it dropped and there was nothing you could hear after that. It was almost as if whoever operates the mixer in the sound room had dropped all of the sliders to zero. I don't see how the volume can vary so much other than from the mixer.
Maybe the announcer suffers from narcolepsy ?........some of our home games can be sleep inducing ?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

You would if the stand you were in was to catch fire!
If the Big Bank catches on fire then something is badly wrong.

neilybags

In the Big Bank we get both extremes. With the music and the new announcer it is far too loud and distorted. Impossible to have a conversation. Then when the teams are announced it cuts out entirely! The situation does not seem to have been helped by the new announcer.

I sit in the old grandstand and I'm sure if the tannoy system worked better the club would sale more 50/50 tickets.
I no longer buy them because I can't hear the winning number.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Still seems to be a problem. Intermittent when in the Doble on Saturday. And on the Fluminense match thread, there are a few comments as well.

Is there anything the good people of Exeweb can do to help the Club on this?