• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg's Trust AGM speech - 3 option

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This was my thinking as well (not in a left wing way you have worded in though).

The german model is built on the 50+1 idea which we do.

Is this taggy just stirring things up for his own end? Hopefully he is pressed more on this at the up coming trust forum.
Don't forget that Tagg was just presenting three options and moving out of town has always been an option to consider. However, I don't like the idea and so far not one poster likes the idea. I am also concerned that the club will pay out a lot of money to do a feasibility study for something that we probably won't do.

Reactions: WXF

haka

Perhaps he's doing the old Sir Humphrey trick: offer a bad option that you know will be rejected, so you get the one you actually want.

"We could merge with Plymouth Argyle, or ... oh, wait, here's another idea I'll just throw out there, any takers? OK, unanimous it is."

i8cornwall

Don't forget that Tagg was just presenting three options and moving out of town has always been an option to consider. However, I don't like the idea and so far not one poster likes the idea. I am also concerned that the club will pay out a lot of money to do a feasibility study for something that we probably won't do.
I can't see us moving out of town either, look at Chesterfield and how it can go wrong.

If anything I'd like to see how we could maximise what we have or even add to SJP if at all possible.

Legohead

Banned
I can't see us moving out of town either, look at Chesterfield and how it can go wrong.

If anything I'd like to see how we could maximise what we have or even add to SJP if at all possible.
Chesterfield's ground isn't really out of town. It's not in the town centre but it's not stuck out on the outskirts on a retail park for example. The downfall of Chesterfield is purely down to dodgy owners primarily along with poor managerial appointments and nothing to do with the relocation or location of the new stadium.

Only a few years ago the Proact was hosting Tom Jones concerts and Elton John, crowds of up to 8,000 with a club in the League 1 play offs and so much off pitch facilities yet they continue to decline.

The money has been and is being taken out of the club to line pockets so naturally the club will suffer.

Last edited:

i8cornwall

Chesterfield's ground isn't really out of town. It's not in the town centre but it's not stuck out on the outskirts on a retail park for example. The downfall of Chesterfield is purely down to dodgy owners primarily along with poor managerial appointments and nothing to do with the relocation or location of the new stadium.

Only a few years ago the Proact was hosting Tom Jones concerts and Elton John, crowds of up to 8,000 with a club in the League 1 play offs and so much off pitch facilities yet they continue to decline.

The money has been and is being taken out of the club to line pockets so naturally the club will suffer.
Oh really maybe that was a bad example. From what I had read it didn't have much in the way of coperate space like they have at sandy park and that chesterfield fans wernt fans of it.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know people who have travelled all over the place supporting city in the darker days but won’t chuck anymore money away on a club that still remains a club in the lower leagues, older and wiser was words used by one of them.

I hope we move out to a new stadium that we can own.
If you say so. Imo they're not really City fans anymore. If you support a club, you support them whatever league they're in.

We will never own any new stadium. A third party will so it's a completely hypothetical pointless discussion.

Dannyred

If you say so. Imo they're not really City fans anymore. If you support a club, you support them whatever league they're in.

We will never own any new stadium. A third party will so it's a completely hypothetical pointless discussion.
I don’t agree with you about people not being true city fans because they don’t support the way the club is being run so no longer pay into the trust or like some don’t come to SJP anymore.

I don’t get your Negative thinking about the stadium, It’s always a possibility as is climbing the leagues with the right people running the club.

We own our football club but our football club own nothing so what actually do the fans own ?

Legohead

Banned
The fans own the power to be able to vote to tell shyster investors to do one if they ever came sniffing round promising the earth. That's worth everything in my book. If we ever break the Trust model and sell out to an investor then i'd be considering whether I would continue to support too because the uncertainty, risk and inconsistency and continual change just isn't worth it.

DB9

The fans own the power to be able to vote to tell shyster investors to do one if they ever came sniffing round promising the earth. That's worth everything in my book. If we ever break the Trust model and sell out to an investor then i'd be considering whether I would continue to support too because the uncertainty, risk and inconsistency and continual change just isn't worth it.
Anyone wanting to invest in a club will probably over look us anyway, We have very little to offer, No land, No ownership of a stadium, Nothing much but if we did attract interest the Trust would i hope be open to the membership, Show details and after they've gone over it with a fine tooth comb put it to the membership for recomendation, Whether that is to say yay or nay, To say you wouldn't support the club because of a change of model/ownership, I could never say that, ECFC is my club whoever runs it

IndoMike

Anyone wanting to invest in a club will probably over look us anyway, We have very little to offer, No land, No ownership of a stadium, Nothing much but if we did attract interest the Trust would i hope be open to the membership, Show details and after they've gone over it with a fine tooth comb put it to the membership for recomendation, Whether that is to say yay or nay, To say you wouldn't support the club because of a change of model/ownership, I could never say that, ECFC is my club whoever runs it
I'm not sure how it happens but the League is littered with clubs who were taken over supposedly by bona fide investors (presumably approved by the relevant Football League committee) only to end up bankrupt. Nowadays even working out how much an investor is really worth and where his money comes from is a challenge.