• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

T.V. adverts you can't stand

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Tenna pants new ones ! The one where she is in a yoga class "letting it all go" and the one at the concert sat on someone's shoulders saying " I cant believe I'm doing this "

Way too much information ladies !
Seriously TMI is the Bodyform one, for which I (as someone who suffers from an extreme aversion - to the point of fainting - to the sight of blood) have been tempted to complain officially. As soon as I see this advert starting I have to avert my eyes. We know why women need these products, to put it into graphic detail is just gratuitous for shock value.

Agreed with the view on the Verisure ads above. Should be used in acting classes as a sign of what not to do.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Tesco Shopping Trolley pretending to be Lassie - really getting fed up with that one

Tim Long

For those of you who watch afternoon on ITV: the All Clear Travel Insurance ad. Couple discussing whether the fella will get travel insurance because of his medical problems and he replies something like "not a worry" twice. She then says "why are you so calm?" or some such and he replies "Because it's all clear. All Clear Travel Insurance" I'm thinking of writing to the company and asking them to change their name to 'Smug ****' so that the answer to "why are you so calm?" gets changed to "because I'm a Smug ****"

**** Would you like some TWA coffee?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that this proves what my eldest lass has learned over the years as a PR "Executive" (Yes, I know :rolleyes::p)

As such she often has to give clients initial guidance on their ad campaigns. In order to be noticed an advertising campaign either has to be very, very good (ie expensive) or VERY VERY CRINGEWORTHILY BAD (also quite often just as expensive). Both extremes tend to stick in the public mind.

Anything that falls into the wide, grey middle ground is likely not to hit its target.

Grecian2K

Talking of which, any of those Life Insurace/Funeral Plan adverts.
Smug Oldie: "I've taken out my 'Pensioner Despair' Death Plan so I know my sons/daughters/dog/cat/goldfish will be well provided for when I've gone"
Grateful Beneficiary: "Well that's so kind Mum/Dad/Gran/Gramps. But would you mind hurrying it up a bit. I've got a 'leccy bill to pay by the end of the month."
:sick:

DB9

The latest magazine where you build a Lancaster Bomber issue by issue, 1st issue £1.99, Then another 129 issues at £10.99 to complete the build, Spending just over £1400! It looks nice complete but that much money???

cannockred

The Tesco Shopping Trolley pretending to be Lassie - really getting fed up with that one
I really like that one. Very clever. Perhaps repeated too often?

Tim Long

The latest magazine where you build a Lancaster Bomber issue by issue, 1st issue £1.99, Then another 129 issues at £10.99 to complete the build, Spending just over £1400! It looks nice complete but that much money???
£1400 isn't bad for a full sized Lancaster Bomber...

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seriously TMI is the Bodyform one, for which I (as someone who suffers from an extreme aversion - to the point of fainting - to the sight of blood) have been tempted to complain officially. As soon as I see this advert starting I have to avert my eyes. We know why women need these products, to put it into graphic detail is just gratuitous for shock value.

Agreed with the view on the Verisure ads above. Should be used in acting classes as a sign of what not to do.
Blood on TV! I’ve never heard of such horror.

Guess you’re not a fan of action films, like ID?

Last edited:

DB9

The latest Pot Noodle advert, They're really pushing this one.